Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Really need some advice please

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Sasha'smum, May 11, 2010.

1. Sasha'smum

Sasha'smum PetForums Member

I have got a dwarf hamster who is about 1.5 years old. My mum said she would watch him while I went on holiday, when i came back I left him there for another 5 days as she was enjoying him so much. Anyway i went to pick him up tonight and when I went to put him in his ball he has lost alot of fur from under his stomach and it's up both of his sides a bit. My mum assures me that he has been fine the whole time we were away and she done nothing that she shouldn't have.

I am going to make an appointment at the vets first thing tomorrow but in the mean time i have been reading up on the symtoms and it says it could be stress related and a number of other things. He seems totally fine apart from this so I am really confused! Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Sasha'smum

Sasha'smum PetForums Member

Anyone? :confused:

3. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

It may be the stress of moving him around. Different smells...different noises etc. Although, most hamsters will lose their fur, or it will at least thin in places, once they get older. If he is eating and drinking and is happy to be held etc I don't think there is any need to panic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice