Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

really let down

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by jojo, Jan 19, 2008.

1. jojo

jojo PetForums Newbie

I WAS DUE TO GO TO PICK MY NEW PUPPY UP TODAY,A 11 WEEK OLD WHIPPET.IT HAD BEEN ARRANGED ALL WEEK,WAS REALLY EXCITED.HIS OWNERS COULDNT COPE BECAUSE THEY HAD A BABY TO.I WAS TO OFFER HIM A REALLY GOOD HOME.HOWEVER AS WE WERE TO SET OF ONTHE 83 MILE TRIP I HAD A PHONE CALL THEY CHANGED THERE MINDS,THEY WERE KEEPING HIM.GOD TALK ABOUT DISAPOINTMENT.I HAVE BEEN PEED OF ALL DAY!!!:mad:JUST THOUGHT ID SHARE THIS WTH YOU:(!!

2. carol

carol PetForums VIP

would have been worse if they hadnt phoned in time
    they could have let you know earlyer though,

shame never mind hope you find one soon :) :)

3. exactly. why dont you get a utonagan than?:D

4. Puppy Love

Puppy Love PetForums Senior

Oh thats so sad for you....bet your where getting really excited.
    It was just not meant to be....maybe there is another one even better just round the corner.

Smile xx

5. Magik

Magik Guest

Lets hope that they can give this pup a good life.. it worries me that they have had doubts... maybe you should call them and let them know that if they still seem to be struggling in a couple of weeks to still keep you in mind!

6. Sounds wise.

7. BredaKim

BredaKim PetForums Member

Awwww! how disappointing for you:(

8. Angel

Angel PetForums Senior

So sorry to hear what happened.
    It must be awful.

Take care :p

9. Tweedle Dee

Tweedle Dee PetForums Member

Gosh i would be really disappointed too! , maybe they are feeling guilty for giving up on him?

You never know they might have a change of heart?. If not im sure your perfect pooch will turn up soon. Im a great believer in what will be will be.

Ang x

10. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

lets hope you find your dream dog soon :)

11. jojo

jojo PetForums Newbie

Thanks For You Support.i Did Tell Them That They Can Call Me If They Change Thier Minds.(as They Still Have The Baby They Still Going To Have The Same Probs With Coping!!!!:d)so You Never No.must Have Been Hard To Give The Pup Up,trying To See It From There Side To.so Still Looking..:)

12. Jo P

Jo P PetForums VIP

Hi Jojo - sorry you were let down - its rotten when you've got so excited (((HUGS))) However - if you are in a position to take on a new bubba why dont you have a look at rescue centres near you. At this time of year they are bulging - and as you like the Whippet type why not get in touch with the Retired Greyhound Trust - Greyhounds make fantastic family pets - so long as you dont have a cat!!!!!

13. Dennyboy

Dennyboy PetForums Member

Sorry you got let down.

But great advice,i went to my local rescue and they had lots of young dogs in.

Greyhounds are beautiful dogs,man round our area has one which he walks every day,and he cant walk very fast or far but his dog is happy to plod about.

Mel

14. jojo

jojo PetForums Newbie

Hi,i Already Have A Retired Greyhound.kit.your Right They Make Great Pets.but I Really Want A Whippet 2.i Had One For 15years She Sadly Died 14months Ago.i Now Feel The Time Is Right To Get Another One.i Am On The Jr List For A Rescue Whippet But They Dont Come Along Very Often.i Did Tell The People That I Was Getting The Pup From,if They Change Their Minds To Give Me A Ring.you Never No!!

15. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

thats sad,,hopefully something will be needing a loving home soon,, and it wil be the right pup for you,

16. PatioDogDoors

PatioDogDoors PetForums Member

so sad. very disappointing. don't worry, just wait and you'll receive a better one.

17. kaz

kaz PetForums Junior

What a pity. If you have decided on a long dog (whippet, greyhound, lurcher) there are lots of rescue societies for them that should be able to put you in touch with a suitable dog.:)

18. plumo72

plumo72 PetForums VIP

Awww how annoying! I hope you find a new puppy soon

19. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

Don't forget your local rescue centres who have a number of these lovely dogs to chose from.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice