Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Reality......:-(

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Acacia86, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Why is it people seem to think that it is ok to dump animals of any kind???? Rescue centre's and shelters are inundated with 100's of pets week in week out, and think about the pets that never make it to these places of safety. :( :mad: What is it with the world today? I am very worried about the world that my daughter will grow up in. I was bought up with animals by my mum, and i have taken her love for them and her passion for welfare.

I am so sorry about the depressing thread but i have just been reading up online about the sorry state of our so called animal loving world. We are far from it.

It says 'real true animal lovers are in the majority' i just don't beleive this :(

Never mind ''dogs are for life not for Chrsitmas' EVERY pet is for life. If people want a pet surely research and common sense will make the decision for you?

Its not just about domesticated animals, but every one. Cruel blood sports still exist (i for one have my name down on many petitions) whaling/cruel fishing, factory farming, fur sales, big game hunting in Africa, no 'zoo's' only nature reserves, no circus animals, as well as pet charities etc

The point of this thread is if you can do it, money or no money, some only ask for signing of the petition, please do. Every little counts.........

I know my daughter will grow up in the way the world is now but i hope, maybe, my grandchildren, stand the chance to really live in a world of animal peace and respect from the humans.

xx

P.S I am feeling a little down about it all so forgive me for the indepth thread :blushing: :eek:

MADCAT and Yourgifts Ourgifts like this.
  2. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

3. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Great post, i agree, this world is a very cruel place i just dont understand how some people can be so evil. xxx

4. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

It's the way of the world and it's horrible :(

5. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Isn't it just :(

Great post

6. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

it gets me down aswell Acacia:( i dont know how they could just 'get rid' like that!! my OH's been made redundant but we'll never dump our dogs in rescues! theyre part of the family!

& i get totally depressed by all the cruelty that goes on to animals all over the world, plus the shrinking wild places that man is plundering & polluting where will it all end!:(

blimey ive bet my post has cheered everyone up this morning!:eek:

7. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

I agree we have had money troubles and not once has it crossed our mind to get rid of any of our animals

Im happy to say both my children have a love for animals

8. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Thanks guys xx

I was a bit worried that people would slate this thread but i just felt i had to write it down!

I agree Noushka humans are taking the animals land, which for one puts these beautiful creatures out of house and home so not only will they not breed but technically killing them off, but then complain and start shooting them when they 'trespass' onto the land :eek: :mad:

I have had money struggles in my life too, especially when i have so many mouths to feed! My choice people.....yeah it was and i don't regret a second of any of it!!! Like all of you my pets are my family always have been, always will be. I will cut back on certain luxuries for myself again should the need arise again so my pets will have the life and things they derserve.

My daughter and pets will always be first in my line of expenditure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice