Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

RE: Opinions on getting a Tattoo for the first time??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Abe, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Abe

Abe PetForums Junior

Ello everyone, just another quick question, for a long time now, I have wanted to get a small tattoo on my back. I dont want a load of tattoo's just one. Something that's personal to me and I didnt know in the long run if it was worth getting one at all.
    My partner thinks its a bad idea and that I will regret it for the rest of my life but i am undecided really. My parents also think its daft me getting one but they said cause I am an adult, its my choice whether i do or dont. Just wanted advice on people who may have got one. Do you regret getting it done or is it the best thing you ever did?? :eek:

2. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

i've got 2 and im getting two more and dont regret it at all.

if you put alot of thought into what you want you could have a REALLY nice tattoo :)

its up to you if you want it or now :)

3. Abe

Abe PetForums Junior

Yeah I was thinking this, I always wanted a Husky because they are my favourite pet next to Wolves and because im in work all day and cant really take him or her out, it wouldnt be fair to leave them in the house all day. So I thought i would get a tattoo of a Wolves paw prints on my back in place of having the dogs at home??/ lol Does it hurt having tattoo at all Bexy??

4. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

thats a nice idea :)

aha well my first one didn't hurt at all...i spent most of it laughing at my mum :rolleyes:

my second one though i kept moving away from the guy doing it haha

its not really a pain though its more of a tickle :)

5. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

I've got 2 too! :D I don't regret it at all although the only time you can see mine is either when I'm wearing a bikini or low hipster jeans :D

I didn't find it painful, just annoying trying not to knock the scabs off! :D

6. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Im going to get one some day I would like paw prints... but dunno where to have them at my age!:eek:

7. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

I've got one on my left hip and the other is on the top half of my right bum cheek :D Neither highly visible!

8. Abe

Abe PetForums Junior

Its one of those decisions, you just dont know whether or not to go for it. In most cases I say do. In others i think, no, need to think about that one first, hehe...
    This one I cant decide at all, that never usually happens to me cause I always one way or another get a decision from things I decide on doing!! lol hmmm....

9. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I suppose it's how you view tattoos. I myself would never have one :)

10. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

LOL there seems to be a theme emerging here.... I have two :D :D

I absoloutely love them. I didn't find them painful (except for part of one that goes onto my spine.... that hurts a bit) and I have plenty more planned.

Trust me, you say now that you only want one, but when you get it done you'll want one more, and then another, and then another and eventually you will be covered ;)

11. LouJ69

LouJ69 PetForums VIP

I have 9 at the moment:eek: But I definitely want more!! Just be careful coz sometimes they can be addictive!! I think they are anyways! I was actually thinking of getting paw prints as my next tattoo, but not sure where to get them yet!

12. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

they are SO adictive!

i have two more planned and i said id stop at 2!

i keep saying im going to stop at 4 but it won't happen :lol:

13. LouJ69

LouJ69 PetForums VIP

I know, I kept saying that after each one, so now I'm saying, one more & that's 10, a nice even number so I'll stop then - yeah right!!:p

14. Lumpy

Lumpy PetForums Senior

Well, I'm 47 and have recently had my first tattoo done. I'd wanted one for about ten years but was wary of the pain. A friend was having loads of tattoo work done so it seemed like a good time to go as I had some moral support.

I've had a Heffalump put on my ankle (as my nickname is Lumpy). I love it, but I did find it incredibly painful - some parts more than others. I also found trying not to itch it when it scabbed over difficult. I definitely agree they're addictive - I'm already planning my next one - so the pain couldn't have been that bad:)

15. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

I've just got the one, on my back on the right hand side. If you aren't all that sure, a good idea is to get a simple design done in a dark henna colour rather than black, instead of turning blue, it will just fade with age. And I'm petrified of injections, but still managed to get a tattoo, the lines are the worst apparently, typical as mine is just simple lines!!!

16. Oblada

Oblada Guest

Got a rather big one on my back - got it done about 5 years ago now and never for one instant regretted it.
    It hurt quite a bit in my case - has its the back (spine) and its quite big (took 2 sessions of 2-3 hours)..but well worth it! And you get used to the pain quite quickly. The healing process was not too bad either though I cant remember it much ;)
    The thing with a tattoo on your back is you dont have to stare at it all day long and find flaws in it lol I often "forget" I even have mine until somebody points it out (in the swimming pool for instance)..

You have to think hard and long what you want done. I knew what I wanted several years before I got it done so I was pretty confident.
    Also find a good tattooist it makes all the difference.
    My OH got a small one on his shoulder and a bigger one on his back and so far hes very happy about all of it and planning for more LOL

17. nhamblin84

nhamblin84 PetForums Member

I have two! :D one on my hip which i had done first and it didnt hurt...and three small stars on the lower of my back...which was sooo painfull that it out me off having anymore! lol! I dont regret either of them! :D

18. sammyben

sammyben Guest

I have 11 and going for another next month, although I am unsure what and where I am getting it :D

I would say if you def want one then go for it, paws sounds like a nice one. Just make sure that its a design you like though and will like in the future aswell.

The 2nd tattoo I got, i really dont like the design anymore and planning to get it covered over in the near future.

But really depends on how you view tattoos, personally I luv em and they are VERY addictive!! :D

19. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

ive got two They were done last thursday, it didnt hurt at all! They itch now which is way more annoying and a pain then the actually tattoo lol

One of mine looks crap as its all scabbed up and parts of scabs have fallen off lol so i wont take a pic, Mine are my childrens names one has stars with it and the other has flowers

already planning another two lol paws prints here aswell eiither cross my foot or maybe my back and something pretty on my back/neck

20. debijw

debijw PetForums VIP

If you really want one go for it. I have three, one on the top of each arm and one on my tummy round my belly button. I waited untill I was in my 30s to get them done.
    My tattooist is now a good family friend and he says if you give the tattoo a really hard slap when its itching it will stop it, its either that or the slap hurts so much it takes your mind off the itch, must say mine never itched or if they did I dont remember.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice