UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:)

I have been trying to buy Hilife Salmon and Tuna for a while now but seems that this has now been discontinued!!:( Most of the old range has gone! just like that. Anyone no why!!? I hate it when manufacturers do this:mad:

It's My cats favourite food so now have to hunt around for something she likes. Thanks Hilife for the notice that you were going to discontinue most of the fish rainge:mad:

One angry customer.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I know not everyone checks the website but it's been on there for a long while that they're discontinuing certain products. It's a shame they're replacing the 100g with 85g pouches!

·
Registered
203 Posts
This may not help but i will post it anyway :)

Cookie loves hiLife too and and about 6 months ago a Wilikinsons opened up near me. They do the tuna one for 32p! I used to bulk buy loads of pouches in-case it was just a one off thing they but no - they sell it all the time. So worth having a look if you have on near you.

Oh they do the potty about...on their website too:

Wilkinson Plus - Hi Life - Cat Food

Good luck finding them :)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
in morrisons last night i saw a new little tin of hilife food - called chicken and duck terrine - got a single 85g tin which was 79p.

anyway it turns out its the same as the petit pates!!! except twice the price!!

i can see hilife loosing alot of customers

·
Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks
14,968 Posts
in morrisons last night i saw a new little tin of hilife food - called chicken and duck terrine - got a single 85g tin which was 79p.

anyway it turns out its the same as the petit pates!!! except twice the price!!

i can see hilife loosing alot of customers
I too got some in Morrisons last week also paid 79p, it is petit pâté just with a different name and more than twice the price :( it's usually 35p.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i've just popped into our local jollyes and they're selling all the discontinued stuff wit 25% off - i've stockpiled the gravy one!! also picked up a couple of sachets of the new one for him to try... sadly no gravy based ones though!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi:)

Just managed to order some from Amazon, probabley the last of the stock. I have tried the replacement that Hi life now do which comes in a pate form:001_unsure: Just turned her nose up at it:001_unsure: don't blame her:) looks and smells awful!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Saw the new pouches in Sainsbury's today - 75p for 85g! I wonder if many Hilife customers will know they're getting less food for the same (if not higher? I can't remember the old prices) price.

·
Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks
14,968 Posts
Saw the new pouches in Sainsbury's today - 75p for 85g! I wonder if many Hilife customers will know they're getting less food for the same (if not higher? I can't remember the old prices) price.
Same price in Morrison :( I'm sure they were about 58p before.

Went to Asda this morning, the only Hi-Life they sell is the Petit Pate tiny tins and it's still that not the Terrine, selling at 35p :)

Seb loves the Petit Pate range, so stocked up on plenty this morning :)

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi All:)

Finally, Hilife have a New re-placement cat food:) and she loves it. especially the tuna and prawns in jelly and the quality of this food seems to be a lot better then before, worth the wait:)

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I bought some of the new Hilife fishy variety for mine and they really enjoy it. I did wonder what had happened to the hilife food before ... now I know :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just to let people know I bought some of the discontinued hi life pouches and tins from home bargains last week if anyone wants to stock pile up. They had the potty about gravy chicken, tuna and salmon, chicken and beef and the petite pâté tins.

I think I ended up buying appox £30 in cat food for them to try! :rolleyes:

Both of my two cats love the current hi life pouches. For those of you with cats who love the food in gravy it might be worth trying the 'seafood selection' pouches are they are in a sauce rather than jelly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.