Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Raw suppliers

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Goldstar, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Goldstar

Goldstar PetForums VIP

I'm fed up now, can't get many bones from Morrisons anymore and PC tripe is just watery slodge. The only decent things I can get is beef/pork heart and fish.

So, what raw supplier do you recommend? I want to be able to get stuff like lamb heads, rabbits, trotters, duck, turkey backs/necks and all kinds of bones.

I will continue to get her hearts and fish from Morrisons but I'm seriously considering a supplier for the rest.

Now off to search for a mini chest freezer :D

2. Goblin

Goblin PetForums VIP

3. Lil Doglets

Lil Doglets PetForums VIP

Raw2Go is in wales so should think they would deliver to you if they deliver all the way to me in Essex lol, I've used them twice so far and have been pleased with the service and quality of the food.
    Not sure what they have now as it's been a while since i last ordered but i've had trotters, lamb bones, turkey necks and duck wings, they also do whole rabbits but i've not dared one of those yet! Don't know about lamb heads but i get a nice assortment of other lamb bones, i usually ask for small ones so i get alot of ribs and bits of spine/neck

4. Goldstar

Goldstar PetForums VIP

5. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Raw to paw will fedex to you
    I recently recommended them to Dirty Gertie and I think she is pleased with them :)

Home - Raw2Paw

6. Goldstar

Goldstar PetForums VIP

Thanks, will have a look on their site now :)

Lucky LOVES rabbit. It's her favourite food yet so really want to get some in for her. Trotters are high on my want list too :D she has never tasted one so will be fun for her.

7. Goldstar

Goldstar PetForums VIP

Thank you :)

I think a £30 order will feed Lucky for at least 2 months maybe 3. So exciting :D sad I know :eek:

8. springfieldbean

springfieldbean PetForums VIP

Don't know where you are, but I'm using Davids Doggie Dinners - their delivery is £5 so much cheaper than raw2go, and their service is much better in my experience - they deliver what you ask for rather than changing it depending on what they have in stock.:)

9. babycham2002

ooo another vote for dave here too
    he is close enough for me to go and pick up from him
    lovely bloke :)

10. babycham2002

does he fedex to you?

11. babycham2002

not at all :)
    i love raw delivery day
    and got my first delivery off mvm last week, was well exciting :)

12. DirtyGertie

DirtyGertie PetForums VIP

Very pleased with them :). I hope they will courier to me next time (wont be for a few months though) as another member tried them after I also recommended them and said they wouldn't courier to her.

I had approx £35 worth of meat for my 20kg delivery (£10.95 courier cost) and for Poppy, who is 5.6kg that will last a few months as only part of her diet is made up of DAF products and she only has a total of all her food of about 140g - 150g daily.

I also contacted David's Doggie Dinners who said they may be able to courier to me, asked what I wanted and said they would get back to me. I emailed them a list and they never got back in touch :(, so Raw2Paw got my custom :).

OP - Raw To Go have had the most dreadful customer service lately where some of us are concerned. I waited two months for a promised delivery, delayed by a problem with DAF's freezers so allowance made for that, but they continually ignored emails from me asking when they could fulfill my order. After I received such brilliant service from Raw2Paw I'm afraid I let Raw To Go know what I thought of them, and, no surprise, that didn't get a reply either! Such a disappointment considering I was already a customer of theirs.

13. babycham2002

Hmm that is dissapointing. Which courier company is it do you know? Because I would imagine that is where the limitations lie, or possibly in the memeber of staff they spoke to, it can be such a minefield.
    Far as I know though all of England and Wales is counted the same when it comes to couriers its just when you start to get into the highlands and NI etc that it changes.

Goldstar, MVM (manifold Vally Meats) will courier as well, although they have a few bits out of stock at the moment
    On their facebook page it shows the size of the fedex box that is £10 or whatever delivery and then explains how much more it is per box.

I dunno what part of wales you are but it is also worth adding yourself to Lesleys list on this group as maybe one day they would schedule a delivery there

Welcome to Facebook

14. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

I've got fed up trying to source green tripe so am doing my own. I have bought a second hand mincer, and nearly all the gubbins I need, including long pvc gauntlets that will hopefully stop my hands smelling of tripe. Other than that my butchers are very good for the rest of the stuff I need.

And no, I'm not posting photos of me in pvc and wellies!! :D

15. DirtyGertie

Sorry Babycham, can't remember who the courier was and there's nothing on the invoice. I just know it wasn't Yodel. DelSol has popped into my head, but that just might be because I saw one of their vans yesterday. We do get most couriers in our part of N.Wales despite being fairly rural.

As I don't do Facebook I can't get onto their photo page. How much weight/packs can you have delivered for £10? They do some things that I'd like to have next time that R2P don't have.

16. toryb

toryb PetForums Senior

I love raw2paw but the last couple of times I have tried to order from them their stock has been really low on the things I wanted...plus I wanted filleted chicken chunks and they couldnt source them for me...so I ended up giving landywoods another go and have been really pleased with them :)

17. babycham2002

Copied from their page, dunno why I've tried to do it on the tablet. Taken me ages lol

we are trying to clear up some of the confusion around the Fedex delivery charges, most of the confusion is actually caused by us... This photo shows the standard size of box we use for Fedex deliveries and as you can see it hold approx 2 x 5 litre containers. The MAX we can send in this box is 25kg . So, to clarify, if we can get your order in this box it is £10 delivery, if we can get your order in two of these boxes, to the same address it is £15. We apologise for all the confusion and hope that this makes the Fedex delivery system a little clearer

[​IMG]

18. babycham2002

They say that box will fit in approx 30 of their mince packets :)

19. DirtyGertie

Thanks Babycham. That seems to be a bit better delivery price than R2P then. Will keep them in mind and check them out when I next need an order.

20. Skoust

Skoust PetForums Member

Thanks for the image of the actual box, interesting to know! I so wish I could order from MVM, trying to arrange something with them now and they've been very friendly :)

I have had a positive experience with rawtogo as she was able to get what I wanted to me when I wanted (I needed it on an exact day to get a ferry). The minces are not well marked up however so I can imagine that if you ordered lots of different varieties it would be confusing to know what you were feeding!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice