UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first draft and would like to know how to improve/change it.

Bo = 8kg (just wouldn't grow any more :rolleyes:)

2.5 % Daily = 200g (she is a very active dog and eats loads!)

Weekly = 1120g meat 140g bone 140 offal (of which 70g liver)

Monday
am - 35g offal ... 65g tripe
pm - 100g lamb mince

Tuesday
am - 40g beef chunks ... 40g tripe
pm - 80g 1/2 lamb heart ... 40g chicken mince

Wednesday
am - 35g offal ... 60g tripe
pm - 100g tinned sardines

Thursday
am - 80g chicken mince
pm - 70g lamb breast ... 50g chicken mince

Friday
am - 35g offal ... 60g tripe
pm - 100g beef chunks

Saturday
am - 40g chicken mince ... 40g tripe
pm - 80g 1/2 lamb heart ... chicken mince

Sunday
am - 35g offal ... 50g lamb mince
pm - 70g chicken carcass ... 50g chicken mince

I have worked this out on the 80% meat/10% bone/10% offal (5% liver).

I think the amounts are correct but Bo is currently having more bone than this in her diet as she gets it ground in her Natural Instinct pouches and then she get 2 - 3 bones a week usually lamb neck pieces or lamb breast. Would it be ok to add in more bone or is it best to stick to the ratio above.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
This is really interesting as I was thinking of switching to a raw diet for my pup, (westie x jack russell) and was after drawing up a plan for him.

Do you cook any of it before hand?

P.s. Where abouts on the Fylde Coast are you? I'm in Preston! :cool:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've just replied to one of your threads! I'm 5 miles outside Blackpool.

I've been feeding Bo raw for about 3 months now, I think, but have been using pre-prepared pouches from Natural Instinct and doing the odd meal myself untill I got a bit of confidence. I'm looking to go completely alone in the next few weeks. I don't cook anything as lucikly Bo has eaten everything I have put in front of her from day 1. She even eats raw liver which is one thing some dogs don't take to raw.

The food plan is just a guide really as to feeding the right 'type' of food in the correct amounts. It tends to be more whatever 'meat' is on top of the pile in the freezer which gets fed on occasions.

·
Banned
21,573 Posts
I don't get too hung up on exact measurements and ratios with my dogs, and basically go by eye, I only ever weighed their portions to put together the feeding chart I've got to help others swap over to raw. Over the time I've had my dogs, I've changed the ratio of what they get because I didn't have a good supplier of green tripe to begin with, although I've always been happy with the fact that they've eaten good quality raw meat and bones, which I believe is the key to a healthy diet for them when raw feeding. As long as you don't overdo the raw liver, which is very high in vitamin A and can make them loose, give them a broad range of good meat and bones, then nutritionally they should be able to get whatever they need from their diet :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.