Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Raw help needed for puppy

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by BlueBeagle, Oct 13, 2013.

1. BlueBeagle

BlueBeagle PetForums VIP

Hi all you knowledgeable people of PF!

I have now got my puppy home and he has settled in well and I am now thinking of changing him over to raw. Now I already feed Jenny raw and my first dog raw but they came to me as almost adults so working out % was ok.

But I am all confused with having such a young puppy :eek: How much do I feed him? And how often do I weigh him to check he is getting enough etc (say he has a growth spurt?) I am stressing about feeding raw now where I haven't doubted for years so any advice gratefully received :)

2. BenBoy

BenBoy Banned

3. BlueBeagle

BlueBeagle PetForums VIP

4. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

I do the same for raw as for kibble, they get four meals a day up until 12-16 weeks of age, depending on how well they're putting weight on, then drop them down to three meals, and at around six months of age, they go down to two meals per day. I've found pups generally need a little more in ratio to their body weigh to adults while they're developing and growing, and they tend to use a lot of energy running around, where as adults spend a lot more time resting, or mine do!

5. rawdogs

rawdogs PetForums Junior

Ann ridyard also has a facebook site Rawfeeding uk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice