Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Raw Green Tripe

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Dumples, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Dumples

Dumples PetForums Junior

Hi. I wonder if anyone can help, please.

For a while now I've been buying raw green tripe from Natural Instinct. I haven't placed an order since the original guys left, and I have read a few reviews which aren't too favourable about the new management and the products.

Is anyone here still buying from them since the changeover, and have you noticed any change in the food quality?

I may need an alternative source for the tripe, but I want to find the best quality that I can, from safe, reliable sources. Local butchers won't supply me and I prefer to buy it minced. The price (thankfully) isn't the major issue. Since feeding our dog with NI products, her creatinine and BUN levels have dropped significantly (early stages of kidney disease). She's 13 now, and we want to provide the best we can for her.

Many thanks for your help.

2. Megan345

Megan345 PetForums VIP

I've never ordered from NI, so can't help there.

I've bought the tripe chunks from here before: Products and Prices
    You may find the best green tripe is minced, since it comes in the same size packets as the other minces.

3. Dumples

Dumples PetForums Junior

Many thanks for the info.

I've placed a small order with NI this morning. They've always been lovely to deal with, very reliable, and gave me a lot of helpful info initially (and more importantly, our girl loves it and we've seen great results). So I'll see what the food is like this time, and take it from there.

Good to have an alternative source. It's not like we can pop into Tescos and get raw green tripe in their freezer section :wink5:

4. Goldstar

Goldstar PetForums VIP

I get 400g blocks of minced green tripe from [email protected], I don't have enough freezer space to bulk buy online so have always got it from there :)

5. Dumples

Dumples PetForums Junior

That's good to know, many thanks. There's a store close by, but fortunately we have a freezer in the garage for the dog food (the things we do):wink5:, so ordering online would be okay.

It'll be interesting to see if the NI food is any different. Such a shame when you find a good product/supplier, and then it changes.

Thanks for your help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice