Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

raw food question.

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by catz4m8z, May 30, 2010.

1. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Does anybody chop up their bones for their dogs and if so is it difficult to section??
    Im considering trying the dogs on some bones but I would need to chop it up. The reason being is that Adam guards his food from the cats/dogs and is unable to bite through bones. The only other time I attempted it (with chicken wings) he chased the cats out of the room quite nastily but couldnt actually crunch the bone.:rolleyes:

I was planning on shutting them in the kitchen for my next attempt but do think it needs to be in smaller pieces for Adam and his puny jaws! (or does anywhere on line (UK) sell partially chopped up bone and meat frozen??
    Advice from the raw food experts most welcome!!:)

2. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

You don't need to chop chicken bones up, just bash them with a rolling pin or something heavy, that should break them up into small enough pieces for you, and also give you a chance to vent any frustrated thoughts you have about the world in general! ;)

3. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

I use scissors to cut the wings up it works. Is it n ot possible to get a dog creat for Adam? so he could feed in their and then he wont bother the cats/other dogs.

4. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

You've got me thinking now............................................:rolleyes:

Heidi manages chicken wings no prob but the beef ribs she takes the meat off and chews the bone down as far as she can. I assumed that was it but presumably if bone is good for them, she should eat that as well????????

Should I be giving that a bash? I worry that it will splinter and when she cant manage any more, I take it away - what's right please.

Oh dear, something else for me to fret about :lol:

5. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

A crate is worth a thought.:) TBH the main problem last time was that he couldnt get into his chicken wing and so felt compelled to just guard it forever. I think he would be ok just shut away from the cats if he was munching away as it would occupy him.
    Its so sad he is such a weedy boy. He cant even bite his toys hard enuf to make them squeek!LOL:rolleyes:

6. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

I wouldn't bash up beef bones, they should be able to chew and digest them, but if they swallow anything too large it may cause a problem, leaving her to eat as much as she can is probably the best idea. I don't feed them to my dogs with them being that much denser, also they're not as good nutritionally as chicken bones.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice