Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

raw feeding

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by dvnbiker, Apr 25, 2011.

1. dvnbiker

dvnbiker PetForums Senior

I have gone back to raw feeding my dogs and now want to look into raw feeding my cats. We have three, we have one male 15 years old, one female 11 years old and a male 7 months old. My girlie will only pouches so I guess with her it will pretty much be a non starter but the boys love raw food.

I use the rawtogo minces for the dogs so they already have a decent ratio but I see that i would probably need to add a bit more offal and then also taurine powder to be on the safe side??? Am i correct in my assumption? If so, this will also work out so much cheaper than what we feed at the moment. cost me £36 for cat food for three weeks :cryin:

2. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

No need to add more offal if you think the DAF minces contain the 80/10/5/5 ratio that is needed by both cats and dogs. However, definitely add taurine, either using a powder or adding taurine-rich meats to make up for the loss of taurine as a result of mincing. And I would also add some fish body oil (e.g. salmon oil) once or twice a week to get some fatty acids (omega 3 and 6) into their diet.

Good luck!

3. dvnbiker

dvnbiker PetForums Senior

well I have just seen that natural instinct are doing a raw complete for cats so we are going to start on that for a month and if they do well I will swop them across to rawtogo minces with the extra taurine powder

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice