UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone raw feeds their cats? We give out dogs raw sometimes and noticed a threat about raw feeding cats, just hadn't heard off it before....?

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Do you mean thread?

There are quite a few of us on here that feed our cats either completely raw or predominantly so. And between us we are a font of knowledge about all things raw. So ask away! :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So sorry I meant to say 'I saw a thread on here where someone mentioned that they feed their cat raw'.
What do you feed them? Did they enjoy it etc?

·
Registered
880 Posts
So sorry I meant to say 'I saw a thread on here where someone mentioned that they feed their cat raw'.
What do you feed them? Did they enjoy it etc?
Mine get a complete mince of lamb, beef, chicken, rabbit... and raw treats on top... They love it - the climb my legs when i'm doing their food - purring/meowing like hooligans!:thumbup:

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Yup, like The Twins, mine get complete minces of chicken, lamb, beef and rabbit (including bones and all). A few times a week they get some chunky pieces of liver, heart and muscle meat to get them to chew a bit more. Once a week they also get chicken wings or chicken necks. They also get some prawns now and again.

Mine go crazy when they see me open the fridge door and get the scales out. They sit by my feet and start purring. They absolutely love their raw food.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, I raw feed my cat. She eats large chunks of chicken, turkey, beef, lamb, pork, duck, and chicken wings/carcass. I also feed her smaller pieces of liver and kidney. She really loves her food, and comes running as soon as she hears the scales beep, but her favourite is a chick.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My two are fed a raw diet. At the moment they're getting through various minces from food4cats (sadly no longer available), They also get an occasional supplement of goat, liver, kidney, rabbit, and tongue. Unfortunately, mine aren't great at getting through small bones, but they still get to 'try' a couple of times a week with wing bones :)

Oh and as a side note - am I the only one that doesn't (nor ever has) weigh their cats' food? :)

·
Registered
880 Posts
My two are fed a raw diet. At the moment they're getting through various minces from food4cats (sadly no longer available), They also get an occasional supplement of goat, liver, kidney, rabbit, and tongue. Unfortunately, mine aren't great at getting through small bones, but they still get to 'try' a couple of times a week with wing bones :)

Oh and as a side note - am I the only one that doesn't (nor ever has) weigh their cats' food? :)
I weigh mine - we always used to measure the dogs food out too... i like to make sure how much they're getting (roughly) and also if i know what a regular portion is i can always increase decrease accordingly if they start to get porky/skinny etc...

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hi

I feed quite a lot of raw including chicken breast, chicken wings, prawns and mince beef.

I started to feed it when my cat became bored with tinned meat. I tried her one day while I was making tea for the family and she was making such a racket around my feet I gave her a small piece of chicken breast just to keep her quiet.

It hardly touched the sides!!:thumbup: So I gradually tried other meats which she very easily took to. I dont weigh the food as I generally give her as much as she will eat ( she is nursing kittens at the moment)

I usually feed raw every day but also include 1 feed per day of tinned meat, she wont touch any dry foods at all.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Hi,

My cat has a chronic bowl condition and he could only tolerate dry and as i didn't want ot feed him that anymore i gradually introduced raw over several weeks and now he is exclusively fed raw. We feed him chicken, heart and liver and we give him bones a couple of times a week, he loves chomping them up and it gives his teeth a workout! He didn't pass solid there for about a week so i was slightly concerned but alot of lovely people on here gave me advise on this matter and suffice as to say it's all sorted now. Any queries you have, just post it on here, these people have a wealth of knowledge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.