Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Raw feeding BC puppy.

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by kate_7590, Oct 25, 2012.

1. kate_7590

kate_7590 PetForums VIP

Nala is coming home, all being well, in 3 weeks time, so I am trying to sort out a rough meal plan for her.
    She will be weaned on to F4D but I want to get her onto RAW asap like my other 3 dogs.
    So far I have this-

17th November onwards-
    9am. 1pm. 5pm. 9pm.
    All Kibble.

21st November onwards-
    Introduce chicken mince to 1pm meal.

24th November onwards-
    Introduce chicken bone to 9pm meal.

27th November onwards-
    Increase chicken mince (9am & 1pm)

30th November onwards-
    Chicken mince 9am & 1pm. Chicken bone 5pm & 9pm.

12th December onwards-
    Reduce to 3 meals per day.
    9am. 2pm. 7pm

I *think* roughly she will be having approx 300g mince + bone per day, going by 2-3% or expected adult weight. (Basically feeding her the same amounts as my current 3 BCs.)

When should I introduce offal, and how should I introduce it?

Im not going to give her any of the supplements that the other 3 get until she is about 6 months (I dont think???)

Iv never raised a pup on raw so am a little nervous to get everything right.

So does that meal plan sound okay? Is there anything else I should be doing??

2. pogo

pogo PetForums VIP

sounds fine when i got harv he was on bakers, so i fasted him that night and cold turkey on to raw the next morning.

You don't need to worry about offal until you have introduced all other proteins, and as pups transition alot quicker then adults so i'd say about 8 weeks in they should be up to eating offal. When you get there add tiny thumbnail sized pieces and work up to avoid tummy upsets.

Have a look at the guide at the top of this page

Dedicated to proper carnivore nutrition - Prey Model Raw Feeding for Dogs & Cats

Oh and she will be fine to have the supps your other 3 get in appropriate amounts of course

3. kate_7590

kate_7590 PetForums VIP

Thanks pogo :)
    So I dont need to do offal until shes about 16 weeks then?
    as for supplements- mine get daily vit c, vit e, keepers mix, salmon oil, DE. Are they okay to give/ are they needed ? or can I just start them at 6 months??

4. pogo

pogo PetForums VIP

Yes i'd leave it until at least 16 weeks, no point rushing anything :)

Yes they would be fine to give or wait until 6 months up to you. I'd give the DE though to make sure pupster is properly wormed the rest is up to you :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice