Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Raw feeding- am I doing it right?? And ideas for 'dishes'...

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Ammy, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Ammy

Ammy PetForums Member

Toska loves his raw food and bum is so much better whilst on it!!:)

I have bought lamb mince, just organic stuff from supermarket, added kidney, heart, felini complete and salmon oil- is that right? He laps it up and loves it but want to make sure it is complete :)

Does anyone have any reipes/dishes that they use? I'm sending hubby out today to get some diced pork, turkey mince and beef mince to try other flavours but just wondered what others did.

Did try him on the Grau again, he loves that but upsets his tummy too much :(

2. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

That is great news Ammy! No more sloppy poops. :D

You don't need any recipes when you use Felini Complete. As you do, just add some kidney, heart and salmon oil to muscle meat and you have got a complete diet. Try to vary the meat as much as possible. In the UK any meat goes.

Over time I would suggest you look into other complete supplements, they all have their strength and weaknesses imo, or even better you look into making it all yourself. You could also slowly get him used to eating bones.

At the moment I would say just enjoy your boy's appetite, and the firmer and less frequent poops :)

#2 hobbs2004, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  3. Ammy

Ammy PetForums Member

When you say muscle meat, would that be normal minced meat or diced meat from a butchers or supermarket? We are trying diced pork today!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice