Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

raw diet

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Freyja, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

We've just been to a new pet shop in our area called Pen Park. I wanted some mince to mix in with the pups feed as Holly and Archie both need a bit more weight on. A friend reccomended them she gets her food from them its quite cheap too 27p for a 400g pack of chicken or pet mince.

I'm not changing them onto a raw diet completely as it would cost me an arm and a leg to feed my lot raw and also William will not touch uncooked meat btu old boy Jasper has suddenly become itchy. Its not fleas as its only him. I thought it may have been because I had washed his bedding so I put him some new vet bed in his crate but its not got any better. He's always been a fussy eater but has always done well on the greyhound food he has. I'm now wandering if he's developed some sort of intolerance to the complete food.

What I want to know is how much raw meat should a dog that weighs about 14kg have. He gets fed twice a day. I know I would have to change his food gradually adding the raw meat and cutting down on the complete slowly but if I put him completely on the raw what sort of weiht should he be getting a day. He is a bit tubby but he'salways been difficult to get weight on so I'd rather him be as he is than how he was as a youngster.

Fogot to say he is 9 1/2 years old so not a youngster and is castrated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice