UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually give Duke some plain meat just once or twice a week as a treat. I don't add any vitamins etc as I am completely confused by the science and I am sure just once or twice a week will be ok as every other meal he is always having complete food.

He sometimes has cooked and occasionally raw. So far he has just had chicken and chicken liver. The cooked meats usually go down well but he doesn't seem to like part cooked or raw too much. I just gave him some raw chicken and he seemed to be enjoying it but he then choked and was sick. I feel absolutely terrible about this and I had cut it into small pieces for him so I feel rather put off now, I only really buy the meat for him as we rarely have fresh meat ourselves due to price so I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts about something else I could try him on or even cooking methods? I tend to boil so no oil or anything is needed and he can have the broth. Or would it be best to knock the idea on the head?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
14,207 Posts
The pieces were actually probably too small so he tried to swallow it whole without chewing it - try giving bigger lumps that he has to chew up before swallowing. Don't knock the idea on the head - it's very god for him and the chewing action will clean his teeth - try him on a chicken wing too.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pieces were actually probably too small so he tried to swallow it whole without chewing it - try giving bigger lumps that he has to chew up before swallowing. Don't knock the idea on the head - it's very god for him and the chewing action will clean his teeth - try him on a chicken wing too.
Thanks for the advice spid. I will get him some chicken wings :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.