Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rats; from two accidental litters

Discussion in 'Small Animal Rescue and Adoption' started by Magalie, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Magalie

Magalie PetForums Newbie

Due to a pet shop mistake I find myself with two litters, one of 10 and the other of 13 and they now need new loving homes. They are at the moment 3 week old but will be ready to be passed on in 3 weeks. They are all healthy and sociable kittens, ranging from buff roans to hooded buff and black.

They are to be re-homed in same sex groups of 2 minimum and not to be bred as their background is unknown.

The possible fathers are buff and a siamese red-eyed and the mothers are a black hooded and a chocolate. They are all really social and cuddly but obviously females rats are mischievous and love to run around and jump/dive off. whereas in general boys are less active and more for a long cuddle.

If you are interested, would like more details, reply to this thread or PM me.

[​IMG]

2. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

There so cute !! :) Hope they find loving homes !!

3. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Maybe local rescues would be able to help? I know that there are some rat specific rescues, but general ones may be able to help too?

Good luck finding them homes :)

4. kelly-joy

kelly-joy PetForums VIP

We help people like yourself to find rescues placements for pets that need a new home to help prevent them getting into the wrong hands and homes. if you would like our help please feel free to email me at
    kelly-joy@animallifelineuk.org :)

5. Magalie

Magalie PetForums Newbie

Updates on the babies; there are 9 girls left, 4 black hooded, 5 buff hooded (some are possibly Siamese hooded). They are 37/38 days old and are healthy and social, they do not bite and are currently being litter trained.

I am really struggling financially due to this unexpected adventure but it has been a wonderful experience none the less, I don't regret for a second not handing them back to the pet shop to have them put into tiny glass tanks. I am quite desperate to find loving caring homes for those darlings so don't hesitate to contact me for any information and let people know about those girls. They need homes.

6. kelly-joy

kelly-joy PetForums VIP

Hi I have emailed you but just thought I would post on here as well.we have found a rescue placement for these with Clare at http://www.rhydowenrodentrefuge.webs.com/ she will be in touch with you soon. If there is anything else we can do to help please email me back,:)

7. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

i would Love 2 or 3 girls if you can get them to plymouth at all when they are old enough?

Ive been looking for some and am just in the process of getting/buying a cage, finding a breeder but if i could help i would love it Please pm xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice