Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rats and baths!

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by ohmeohmy, Sep 20, 2019.

1. ohmeohmy

ohmeohmy PetForums Newbie

So I have three boys, my eldest is getting on a bit now (he’s over 2 years old). As expected he’s slowing down a bit, including with his grooming. I’m helping him as much as I can, he’s still happy and full of life but I’ve been giving him baths once a week to keep him clean. He doesn’t panic when I do but they’re definitely not his favourite thing. He’s always been an avid groomer so I thought it would be good to give him regular baths to keep him happy. Does anyone else do this? Maybe once a week is too often, jut trying to help.

2. Beth78

Beth78 PetForums Senior

I've never bathed my 2 boys, but once a week may be a little too often. Maybe you can just give him the odd wipe down with a flannel and warm water.
    Unless he's visibly dirty or smells alot he should be fine.

3. ohmeohmy

ohmeohmy PetForums Newbie

He is pretty smelly to be fair. I have two younger boys who like to pee on everything including him. I will try a flannel and see if it makes a difference, thankyou

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice