Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rat biting

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Car_Car, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Car_Car

Car_Car PetForums Newbie

Hey all,

I have had a couple of little ratties about a month now and they’re both settled and playful. However, one has started nipping me and it’s getting harder and harder (never drawn blood). She never bites my hand, she’s very affectionate and licks my hand loads, but she’ll bite me elsewhere when she’s exploring on the sofa (especially if she’s inside my hoodie). I’m certain it’s just curious/not realising it’s me, but it’s starting to hurt lol. Any ideas? I’ve been squeaking and that makes her stop straight away, but a few minutes later she do it again.

Thank you

2. Slatehamster

Slatehamster PetForums Newbie

Hi, I haven’t had any rats before, only a hamster currently.
    Maybe you could try washing your hands before handling of rubbing some of her substrate as well. To be honest I have no idea, she sounds like she justs likes exploring with her teeth. I would check on YouTube for experienced owners tips.
    Hope that helped a little, I’m new to so probably not so useful

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice