Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rat baies pics are finally here.

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Wilted0Rose, May 19, 2010.

1. Wilted0Rose

Wilted0Rose PetForums Member

here you go guys.

Just an up date, we lost one baby so now we have 10 :(.

So this is also in memory of that little baby . rat babies.jpg rat babies2.jpg rat babies3.jpg

2. myzoo

myzoo PetForums Senior

ah! so cute and chubby reminds me of when mine were that size only 5weeks ago they grow so quick so enjoythey so so so cute:)

3. lolabloob

lolabloob PetForums Member

aww theyre adorable! i got my rats at 8 weeks so missed the little stages! they were already basically full size! alyssa is here with me and agrees they are cute haha x

4. kimmi

kimmi PetForums Newbie

hey:) i know you have rats but i was wondering if you could tell me what the best way was to start getting two baby mice used to you and being handled because i dont want to scare them or hurt hem.
    thanks kim:)

5. Wilted0Rose

Wilted0Rose PetForums Member

spend lots of time by their cage and talk to them so that they get used to your voice. you'll know that they are used to your voice when they are comfy enough to run around their cage when you are near them. leave the door open and offer them treats now and then, i hear meal worms ( preferably live, but if you are squeamish you can get them dried out) are irresistible for mice / rats. start to handle them one by one as often and as long as you can. I normally use my jumper pockets for them to hide in while i sit and watch tv or walk around the house.

just devote as much time and attention as you can to them and every time you are able to handle them, treat them for good behaviour.

what ever you do, do not force them to be held as that will scare them away from you.

soon enough they will be holdable, time it takes depends on how old they are.
    And on the effort that is put in.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice