UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here you go guys.

Just an up date, we lost one baby so now we have 10 :(.

So this is also in memory of that little baby . Comfort Gesture Nail Linens Thumb
Petal Comfort Cuisine Linens Peach
Petal Jaw Gesture Sleeve Cuisine

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
aww theyre adorable! i got my rats at 8 weeks so missed the little stages! they were already basically full size! alyssa is here with me and agrees they are cute haha x

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey:) i know you have rats but i was wondering if you could tell me what the best way was to start getting two baby mice used to you and being handled because i dont want to scare them or hurt hem.
thanks kim:)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
spend lots of time by their cage and talk to them so that they get used to your voice. you'll know that they are used to your voice when they are comfy enough to run around their cage when you are near them. leave the door open and offer them treats now and then, i hear meal worms ( preferably live, but if you are squeamish you can get them dried out) are irresistible for mice / rats. start to handle them one by one as often and as long as you can. I normally use my jumper pockets for them to hide in while i sit and watch tv or walk around the house.

just devote as much time and attention as you can to them and every time you are able to handle them, treat them for good behaviour.

what ever you do, do not force them to be held as that will scare them away from you.

soon enough they will be holdable, time it takes depends on how old they are.
And on the effort that is put in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.