Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rascal Gypsy Marley

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by hazyreality, Jun 22, 2009.

1. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

I have decided before getting another rabbit, which I really don't need(not to say I dont want) that I should try putting Rascal with Gypsy and Marley. He needs company, and I will have to consider another for him if this doesnt work out but I will try first.

I put them together in the big run for about 20mins yesterday, Gypsy and Rascal were sniffing(and a little bit of humping from both!) and she hit him with her paws, to which he just sat there and she hopped away which I take as a good sign. Marley just ignored him!

I went to see if what girls were about that I could get for him, looked in the rescue bit at pets at home - hoping they might have an older one - and got talking to one of the staff who has bonded pairs in the past, and she seems to think that him backing down was a good sign and that I should persevere with these guys first :p

I then got home and put them in the run together for about 45mins and again they did the same sort of thing, although Marley will now walk up to him, then run away :p

All seems to be going smoothly at the moment, so we shall see. I am at work tomorrow and wednesday so I am going to put them in the big run with a mesh devider between them so they can see each other but not hurt each other should it kick off.

P6210001.jpg Marley and Rascal:)

P6210002.jpg Gypsy and Rascal:)

P6210005.jpg Rascal chilled with the girls about.:)

*Heidi*

2. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

You seem to be doing really well....keep us updated on prgress. Fab pics to - beautiful buns! x

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

So is it 2 girls, one boy?

I would imagine that would work out given time. Certainly sounds like things have gone well so far.

4. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

Yeh 2 girls and 1 boy. I have had them in the run with the lid today with the mesh in between, and Rascal was laying against it one side and Gypsy the other, Marley still just sits away from him, although is getting better! I then when I got home popped them in the run that is attached to the shed and left them out there together, with checks every 5 mins :p and they are still getting on fine. Gyspy has stopped hitting Rascals head, which is good! They are also not so bothered about humping each other now! Rascal is very chilled, he just lays out and the girls just mooch about, no-one really is that bothered with each other, so that is good, better than chasing each other all the time!

Does amaze me that the RSPCA said he went into the centre for nearly killing another rabbit!:confused: It took all of half hour for him and Kodi to sit together, that night they were sharing a hutch. These girls he is absolutely fine with, he is just not bothered really. The person that I know well at the centre said she found the woman who bring him in a bit odd and she thinks she tried to put 2 males together and Rascal(he was called Mischief then) was the better fighter I guess.

I am going to put them in the run tomorrow like I did today, and if all goes well with them together tomorrow night and thursday I might think about adapting the hutches so they can move in there after a thorough cleaning.

*Heidi*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice