Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rant alert

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by thedogsmother, Apr 15, 2011.

1. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Bellas former owner has cats, she doesnt neuter any of them and generally the kittens that dont find homes just wander off or get chased off by their mum. The father (also owned by her) is always ill/injured from fighting and they all look thin and dirty, now one of the females has just had yet another litter by her father and the one of the others has "wandered off to have hers". They are fed and watered and therefore RSPCA would do nothing but why the hell would anyone allow this to happen over and over again. Im not getting involved this time, Im fed up of clearing up her mess where animals are involved. What can I do to stop this :confused:.

2. mstori

mstori PetForums VIP

have i understood this correctly.. the parents could breed with their offspring and the siblings with each other?

if so the rspca CAN do something. I know someone who HAD to have her cats neutered or risk having to surrender them, the male was fighting and they had had a litter of kittens that were deformed.. have you spoken to an actual rspca officer?

they have no lawful rights, but may be able to have a stern word?

3. shells

shells PetForums VIP

sorry hun i have no advice im shocked the rspca wont do anythng surly its not good for family members to mate, xx

4. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

i would keep phoning and pestering the rspca. if nothing else they might go and have a word with her.

5. thedogsmother

No, I havent actually spoken to the RSPCA to be honest I just thought that if they had food, water and shelter they didnt do anything, at least thats the case with dogs. The father of two of the females (the pregnant one and the one who just gave birth) is most likely also the father of their kittens.

6. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Dont think there is much you can do, we have a neighbour and she had two cats one looked like a persian, but my god the state they were in was unbelievable, she dont let them in the house at all, she throws the food out the side of her house and plonks a bowl of water out, if they tip it over then they dont get anymore until she decided to put more out the following day, their coats were clogged up with massive matts and were full of oil etc from sleeping under cars on the estate, I found the white one (supposed to be white) jumping out of my brother in laws wheely bin, poor thing was looking for food, other cats on the estate were eating what was chucked on the floor for them. Myself and other neighbours phoned the RSPCA and reported her loads of times, they eventually came out and saw the cats, but because there was a few bits of food on the floor they said they couldnt do anything :eek: it is other neighbours that are feeding this poor thing or it would be so under weight, it is not fair when they are neglected like this and nothing being done, not even a letter of warning sent to her.

7. thedogsmother

If they cant/wont do anything Im going to try to get some neutering vouchers from CPL and take the poor things down to get them done, they are literally pregnant every season since they were about 6 months old.

8. mstori

mstori PetForums VIP

well, as someone who has been recently reported to the rspca (along with about 10 other places.. someone is making my life hell) i read pages and pages of things that they can and cant do, etc.. as it happens, my visit couldnt have gone better, kinda got myself in a state because of the horror stories i read, but she praised me, had a play with the animals and case closed, due to malisciousness.

Make sure you phone or email and give details. You can leave a number and they will tell you the outcome of the visit. An entire male can cause injury and even death to other cats, and judging by the state you say it is in because of doing so, that is a concern

9. mstori

mstori PetForums VIP

that really angers me! there is obvious concern regarding these cats..

you know when i was reported I got in really late one night and couldnt work out why the key wouldnt go in the door.. they had taped it up and put a card on. I phoned first thing next day and was left with 4 days of worry and numerous phone calls to them before they actually visited!

10. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

It is bad isn't it. We are all feeding these cats to make sure they get food, but dont want to stop doing that just for the RSPCA to see how thin they would be, they may take too long to come out to see them. These two cats were huddled into the open electricity metre box out the front of the house in the SNOW back in January, they are never in always out in all weather. We have spoken to her and told her we will report her to RSPCA and she just shuts the door on us, she don't care.

11. mstori

mstori PetForums VIP

I would follow through with your threat! you can remain anonymous.

there is a difference when the cat chooses to be out.. but you must provide shelter x

12. mstori

mstori PetForums VIP

i know your heart is in the right place, but you could get prosecuted for doing that :(

13. thedogsmother

I wouldnt do it without her consent, Im getting so mad over this now I would just tell her she gets it done or I report her, she isnt anti neutering its just she cant be bothered and she doesnt want to pay anything towards it.

14. mstori

mstori PetForums VIP

ahh right :)

i would phone rspca, and if they do not act, then offer. Maybe she needs a scare to prompt her to do something x

15. thedogsmother

Will do, i'll do it annonymously, meanwhile if I get the vouchers for her she will hopefully have had enough of a shock to take me up on the offer of taking them to get them neutered.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice