Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rant about cyclists - but dogs got the last laugh!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by alphadog, Aug 4, 2009.

1. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

I'm sick and tired of calling my dogs out of the way when cyclists approach (shared footpath and cycle path where the signs clearly say 'Cyclists Give Way') only to be cycled past without even so much as a thanks. :mad:

This morning I called three potential wheel stoppers to heel (a Dobermann, Labrador and Spaniel) as two cyclists whizzed on by, neither ungrateful pillock said thank you, but not to worry.... 10 yards along the path was a huge pile of fly ridden dog poo (not mine), the second bloke couldn't see it and rode straight through it, splatting said poo all the way up his back :001_tt2:

'Say thank you' I sniggered

Why do so many people not say thank you, what happened to common curtosy?

2. Snoringbear

Snoringbear PetForums VIP

I can't stand pavement cyclists, especially as my two get scared of them. I've given up making myself angry and shouting at them now though.

3. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

:lol::lol: Serves him right!!!

We have a path like that and many people dont say thank you... Some of them do though...

I have to make him move out of the way of people with pushchairs too... He'll never learn :rolleyes:

4. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Cyclists are not meant to ride through the park where I usually walk Henrick, when he was about 7 months old I threw his ball and he was bringing it back when two boys came whizzing by on bikes and the second one ran straight into him. The boy was speachless and Henrick just stood and barked at him because he was terrified, I have always been much more aware of cyclists since then but although Henrick was not hurt, there could have been a much worse outcome if it had been a child or he had been injured.:cursing:

5. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Wahay :D

It's the same on my pier. We have two sections, bikers and people who are walking. People on bikes ALWAYS go on the walkers path which is SO annoying :mad:

6. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

Poor baby... :(

7. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

lmao!!

I think i wouldve wee'd myself laughing at him!

we dont have many bikers here thankfully

8. plumo72

plumo72 PetForums VIP

ha ha ha would have loved to see that!!!

9. dipdog

dipdog PetForums VIP

serves them right lol, it is dam annoying though,

10. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Brilliant :D I would have been laughing so hard.

11. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

brilliant, would of pmsl if i had seen that, must admit though i met couple of cyclists on walk today and both said thank you, which was a pleasant surprise.

12. lurcherchamp

lurcherchamp PetForums Newbie

Good serves the cyclist right:biggrin:

13. claire

claire Guest

I think you should all take small sticks on your walks and as these evil cyclists peddle past chuck it in there spokes they will cartwheel over there poxy handle bars :) :) justice ? i think so

14. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

You crack me up :lol::lol::lol::lol:

15. davehyde

davehyde Banned

the worst thing i think about bikes especially the racing type ones, is the pedals.

going round like the scythes on a roman chariot.

imagine that catching the poor dog in the sides or the belly or even the face on a smaller dog.

i've had them on my shins and believe me they hurt and gouge.

whoever thought cycle paths and people could work was careless.

16. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

Don't get me wrong, some cyclists do say thank you, but sadly they're in the minority. They sneak up from behind like stealth bombers and it's guaranteed that I'll jump out of my skin everytime! All I ask is that they have some manners and consideration, not out of the question, surely?

A friend and I will often stand nattering on the side of path and we frequently wish certain death upon rude cyclists (or scuffed chins and missing front teeth at the very least)!! We've considered the stick in the spokes more than once :ihih:

I think a little bit of pee did come out when I saw the poo shoot up his back !!! :D

17. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

18. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Karma is a wonderful thing!! Hee hee!!:D

19. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

I have now just spat my drink all over my laptop!! That is brilliant and serves the biker right. I don't understand why it's so hard for people to say thank you these days.

20. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

I'm surprised I haven't ranted about cyclists before lol.
    They get on my nerves, round where I live it's just normal footpaths, some are quite narrow and others can be quite wide.

The thing is, Bailey can be quite a nervous dog, not with all things, but because some silly kid decided to speed up whilst on the road to get on to the path, he nearly went straight in to Bailey and he's been a little nervous of bikes going past ever since, but it's not bad, he just steers clear of them, but walks past happily.

However, when a cyclist comes up behind me and Bailey, I usually get no warning, therefore if Bailey decides to move out to the left a little bit, the said bike would have gone straight in to him. I have to say I once jumped when a bike went past, cos some people are so inconsiderate. I know cyclists won't know if a dog is ok with bikes, but I think they should at least slow down and give some kind of warning. My old dog would have chased the bike and probably grabbed the person on it lol.
    x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice