UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

9801 - 9820 of 9871 Posts

·
Grand Empress of the Universe
9,733 Posts
Pleased with Ruffwear's customer service, they got back to me today, the woman emailing says she has a 13 pound dog and that leash attachment works for her and that it weighs less than a AA battery. Well, an AA battery is still way too heavy to be bouncing on Penny's back where her harness attaches, which I explained to her. She consulted the product design/engineer person who agreed with me and also agreed that they need to make more things for small dogs and assured me that "my voice is being heard"
But I still don't have a cool leash for the Pen-dog :confused:
I think little dogs are definitely overlooked for 'active wear', whereas big dogs are overlooked when it comes to coats and jumpers.
Fingers crossed for a new Ruffwear mini range 🤞

·
Swamprat
12,441 Posts
Driving home today had a moment of appreciation of how far Penny has come.
She joined in for 3 hours of XC practice, biking, chasing kids, chilling, dealing with unexpected people and things like a pro. Then we went to get an oil change, she sat in the waiting room with me no problem, then stopped by the vet for her monthly heartworm pills, she did cling to me for dear life there, but was otherwise fine. Now home and she's pestered the cat, checked the area for squirrels and is now napping - AKA recharging :D

Considering where she started, I could not be more pleased that she's just slotted in with life here :)

Enjoy her being way too brave on the bike

·
Registered
254 Posts
She joined in for 3 hours of XC practice, biking, chasing kids, chilling, dealing with unexpected people and things like a pro. Then we went to get an oil change, she sat in the waiting room with me no problem, then stopped by the vet for her monthly heartworm pills, she did cling to me for dear life there, but was otherwise fine. Now home and she's pestered the cat, checked the area for squirrels and is now napping - AKA recharging :D

Considering where she started, I could not be more pleased that she's just slotted in with life here :)

Looks like she's having fun on the bike now :)
Sounds like she's come a long way thanks to you as well as herself. She certainly landed on her paws when you found her 😊

·
Swamprat
12,441 Posts
Looks like she's having fun on the bike now :)
Sounds like she's come a long way thanks to you as well as herself. She certainly landed on her paws when you found her 😊
It's mostly her, she's so incredibly resilient and has such spunk, we both lucked out really.
Being able to do as much with her as I do really helps too. She just loves being involved :D This is her helping me get the water ready

She's a fun little dog, someone had no idea what they had when they put her out on a chain. Their loss, our gain :)

·
loving life
2,415 Posts
It's like a reverse early morning walk:). Best part of the day in fine, dry, hot weather, when daytime heat makes walking dogs tricky. This CP is a bit further away, but much nicer and larger than the one we usually use, with lots of paths through grass and a bit of woodland as well as nice wide paths. We had to avoid during lockdown, it was so busy it was impossible to enjoy. Dan loves it, loads of sniffs and pee mail to catch up on.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I saw a border terrier running full speed down a country road earlier. We were on our way to the woods and it ran past us in the car, I got out and tried to follow them but they were too fast.
Hopefully it's OK, people zoom around those roads very quickly.

·
9,733 Posts
Had Nooka's 6 monthly skin appt at the vet on Tues, and we went for a walk round the local park afterwards. It was really hot and there were quite a few people dog walking there, so I tried to avoid them and head for the shady woody areas rather than the busier open park bits. There were squirrels EVERYWHERE! And not only squirrels, but rats. Rats scurrying across paths and to the water, sunbathing on the grass, and just sitting on the edge of the paths. Nooka just didn't know what to do with herself! Another dog walker mentioned how her dog was going mad for the rats, and I could hear dogs barking on the other side of the park too. Luckily the shaded areas were fairly empty of other 4-legged beasties and we could have a nice quiet rat-free rest of the the walk.
Here is Nooka showing me where the squirrel went.

·
Crazy hamster lady
1,125 Posts

What brand of harness is this? She's a similar shape to Pippa and it's been a nightmare trying to find a decent one for her.
She looks like she's loving the bike!

·
Swamprat
12,441 Posts
Had Nooka's 6 monthly skin appt at the vet on Tues, and we went for a walk round the local park afterwards. It was really hot and there were quite a few people dog walking there, so I tried to avoid them and head for the shady woody areas rather than the busier open park bits. There were squirrels EVERYWHERE! And not only squirrels, but rats. Rats scurrying across paths and to the water, sunbathing on the grass, and just sitting on the edge of the paths. Nooka just didn't know what to do with herself! Another dog walker mentioned how her dog was going mad for the rats, and I could hear dogs barking on the other side of the park too. Luckily the shaded areas were fairly empty of other 4-legged beasties and we could have a nice quiet rat-free rest of the the walk.
Here is Nooka showing me where the squirrel went.
No photo shows up for me :(

What brand of harness is this? She's a similar shape to Pippa and it's been a nightmare trying to find a decent one for her.
She looks like she's loving the bike!
That's the hurtta casual padded Y harness. Penny is awful to fit for harnesses and I like how this one sits on her. It's not perfect, but it's better than most.

·
9,733 Posts
I can't the photo of Nooka nor the one posted by @0.20:confused::confused:
I can see everyone's pics and videos. Must be some weird thing going on with the forum and people's settings or browser.

9801 - 9820 of 9871 Posts