UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

9761 - 9780 of 9871 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Foxes are barking at all hours at the moment..he may have been wound up by one close to the house?
Did he need the toilet? I know if Thai needs a poop and needs one now he will pant and pace and whine.
I let him out, but he just stood there and then came back in. Could definitely be foxes - we occasionally get them in the garden. I heard my neighbours arguing this morning, so perhaps they're responsible lol (it wouldn't be the first time)

·
Still missing my boys
42,311 Posts
Weird night with Finn - he got me up at 2am by whining and pacing. Let him out, he didn't need the toilet, but he seemed stressed. Panting, his heart was beating really fast and he looked scared :confused: stayed downstairs and eventually he settled but it took a long time. Hes very clingy this morning.
Does anyone have any idea of what that was about? It wasn't hot where he was sleeping, no noises as far as I could tell.
Archie does this when there's thunder about. He knows long before I do...........probably feels the change in pressure

·
Registered
23,247 Posts
Lets hope everybody looks after their dogs in the next few days (in the UK at least) and doesnt leave them in a car 'just for a couple of minutes' or take them out for a 'nice, long walk'.

My lots are already in energy saving mode and spending their time flopped out on the laminate flooring.:)

·
Still missing my boys
42,311 Posts
Lets hope everybody looks after their dogs in the next few days (in the UK at least) and doesnt leave them in a car 'just for a couple of minutes' or take them out for a 'nice, long walk'.

My lots are already in energy saving mode and spending their time flopped out on the laminate flooring.:)
Mines going to the pool tomorrow..........perfect :D

·
Registered
2,545 Posts

We've cancelled our usual group walk tomorrow so I'm going to take Whisp for an early woods walk instead.

I hate that people let their dogs suffer and die in hot cars every year. Idiots.

·
Swamprat
12,441 Posts
Penny is still coming to XC from 6:30 to 10:00 ish in the morning. It's brutal but she copes so well. She's the most heat tolerant dog I've ever owned. I do carry water for her and she's smart about resting and finding shade. It blows my mind that she's not tongue lolling panting in this heat, she pants some, but not for long.

Stealing the wild strawberries
Yesterday I discovered that Penny does the same with blackberries! Pops them right off the thorn bushes! :D I had some too, they're so sweet this year!

·
loving life
2,415 Posts
My OH is getting up early, before 6am to take Dan out and also water the allotment, they are back for 8am. We've been going at 9pm for a short walk round the country park ( a very slow plod really) and this seems to be working well at the moment. Have got the large garden umbrella up and a little parasol over the raised dog bed for Dan. He's worn himself out helping me unpack the cardboard from a couple of garden chairs that were delivered earlier and is currenly snoozing behind the chair by the window, where OH is also snoozing in front of the telly:rolleyes:

9761 - 9780 of 9871 Posts