Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Random Doggy chat

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Cookielabrador, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Cookielabrador

Cookielabrador PetForums Senior

(Stole this idea from the cat chat but it looked really fun so... :Bag:p)

(Not sure if we have one of these threads already but-) Ever wanted to make a new thread on random doggy stuff but felt it didn’t belong in a thread?
    I’ll start -
    A few days ago on our walk, Cookie managed to roll herself in loaaads of mud, and then decided to run up to everybody we passed in the woods and ask for a cuddle! :Arghh I put her lead on after a while because it was getting too embarrassing :p It took ages to wash it all off afterwards too!

This morning I took her to [email protected] and bought her some food that we haven’t tried before - it looks quite good and she likes the chicken. Has anyone tried it? It’s called Natures Menu Adult - Here’s what it looks like-
    3C3F018E-41EA-4D0E-BF0C-52CE4883CD55.jpeg

Also Bonus photo of a big stick she found this morning :D
    2A910D15-370B-4DCE-9E3C-9A339DAC2D65.jpeg

2. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

IMG_1192.JPG
    Sox would be interested to hear more about that stick ! We had lots of fun this morning then the boys snoozed as I studied is this comfy ?

3. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

Wow! Look at the size of that stick!!

My cat is on nature's menu country hunter. Last time i ordered, i made a mistake and got natures menu ordinary.

She was disgusted and issued a threat: either get the country hunter back in stock or she goes country hunting herself.

She has carried out her threat and lives have been lost over my ordering folly.

Country hunter is now back in stock!

Good food. Expensive!

4. Cookielabrador

Yeah it’s expensive! She likes Butchers trays too which are less expensive so usually I mix that in with her food :)
    I didn’t realise you had a cat! :D We’ve been thinking about rescuing a kitten but Cookie is already quite a handful and I doubt she’d be pleased :p
    Haha Cookie found it in a bush and dragged it along with us for half the walk! :D
    Sox looks extra comfy! :p

5. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

Yes - Beryl. There is a pic and bit about her on this thread

https://www.petforums.co.uk/threads/yuk-he-ate-the-mouses-head.519855/page-3

Not on page 3 of the thread - think pages 1 or 2.

I love cats, though i rarely visit cat chat because beryl gives us no bother. Till now. I think she has a health problem starting so she is away to the vet next week. Hopefully something simple to fix as she is eating us out of house and home atm

Cookielabrador likes this.
  6. Cookielabrador

She’s so cute! Fingers and paws crossed for her getting better x

tabelmabel likes this.
  7. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

That young Grisha boy is in my bad books because he did a wee on my bed just before I was about to climb into it! And he'd been let out on about half an hour before so no excuse! As a result I had to strip the bed and this morning wash my bedspread and the blanket he normally sleeps on. As it's miserable weather they're now drying on the clotheshorse in the living room!

I think he's cross with me because I'd told him that on Tuesday morning, he's off to school to learn some manners.

It's so difficult here to find a trainer that speaks English. Our previous one has moved to Budapest and I'm not sure how this new one will turn out. The problem is that there are still plenty of trainers who use CM's method of training which is a no no for me! I had a long conversation with him, over the phone last night about Grisha barking at strangers when we were in town the other week and horror of horror he suggested an e collar! Put paid to that idea by telling him he'd use one on any dog I owned, over my dead body.! Told him he was talking about a young Mini Schnauzer who's scared because he's had little experience of strange people not a large dog who's hell bent on attacking everyone he meets.

Anyway, if I don't like his method of training I'll tell him to shove it!

Fingers crossed and wish me luck!

8. Cookielabrador

Poor you! That story made me laugh though! :Hilarious
    I don’t like e collars either. :( Hopefully you’ll find the right trainer soon!
    Fingers and paws crossed for you too! x

Magyarmum likes this.
  9. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

Magyarmum likes this.
  10. MissKittyKat

MissKittyKat ❤️ BSH, Silver Rules.....and Labs ❤️

I've used nature's menu for my cats too, they adore the country hunter so I use it as part of a rotation.

Woody is great with my cats in the house and garden, no chasing but outside can be a different matte did I don't have the opportunity to distract first, same with rabbits!!!

We have our first canicross run tomorrow, sure I'll do a specific thread if get some decent pics, so we are both just resting our feet and paws.

I'm proper nervous but prep run went well this morning.

IMG_20190928_145032.jpg

11. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Now that's what I call a stick, I'd like to you throw it for her.:D

12. Cookielabrador

Just a few mins ago Cookie stuck her head under the armchair and found one of the Kongs we had lost ages ago! It still has food in it... :confused::Yuck
    Ooh Good luck @MissKittyKat! Canicross sounds fun! I would love to try it someday but I’m quite unfit at the moment ;)

I could hardly pick it up! That stick is bigger than I am! :p

Happy Paws2 likes this.
  13. MissKittyKat

MissKittyKat ❤️ BSH, Silver Rules.....and Labs ❤️

I was totally unfit in Jan, turning 40 spurred me on! The club I joined have been great and helped me keep going. I can now run 2miles non stop with doggy assistance as long as its flat and not doing too bad on the trails.

I've just built up gradually over the 9 months, as has Woody.

Woody loves it, especially our night runs. I'm sure cookie would too x

FB_IMG_1569515562163.jpg

14. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

What a big stick!!!

We’ve been here there and everywhere over the last few days as I’ve had a week off so Teddy has been staying with my parents. He’s flat out now so I bet he’s been up to mischief and fun with their dogs! :D

15. Cookielabrador

Just had a quick search and they look really fun! I’ve been meaning to do more running so I’ll definitely look into that! :D
    Sounds like Teddy had fun! :D Cookie’s tired too, I accidentally woke her up and she was not happy! :p
    368F5BAB-8564-483F-824F-7BE8FDB5095A.jpeg

16. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

What a face!!

17. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

I've had a super stressful few days as my mum was yet again careless with a bag containing a (different) toxic to dogs food ingredient. One of the same vet nurses was on duty as the last time and all. Cadvan has coped way better than I have and is fine (my stress levels, less so). I cheered myself up by going to the raw shop in town and somehow blagging buying a bulk bag of plaited pizzles. One of the bags that they themselves buy to sell on individually haha.

IMG_20190928_180829180.jpg

18. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

I posted in snapshot from today, but I have gone to 4 dogs to one dog and a baby for a day (officially tomorrow) he's brilliant so far. It's just like have a hairy rug
    IMG_20190928_180334.jpg

19. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I’m lying quietly in bed telling myself I don’t need a wee cos if I move Jack will leap out of his bed (next to me) and want to go out in the garden.

Oh, he must be able to tell what I’m writing as he’s just got up, stretched and is now giving me the eye.

So much for a lie in :D

Oh well :)

Eta: We went downstairs, he his breakfast, stood on the back doorstep sniffing the air, decided against the rain, turned round and went and snuggled on the sofa - I’m well trained! ;)

#19 Lurcherlad, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  20. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Glad I'm not the only one who does this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice