Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Random chat

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Animallover26, Apr 17, 2018.

1. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Maybe it was fate!
    My mum's parents both came from the west country . They had a typical west country surname , it is quite common in Cornwall and Devon but it was rather odd in Middlesex.
    Someone traced our branch back several hundred years , mainly farmers and a lot of other funny names.

Siskin likes this.
  2. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Horrible weather to day , very windy and slashing with rain . Dogs dont want to go for a walk . :(

3. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

yup, nasty weather here too but we are having a duvet day!:D
    Although TBH Im already knackered as I spent ages moving the furniture around my room to try and get my bed away from the 'wall of doom' (its where I had a damp problem and now the wallpaper is falling off, the ceiling is about to collapse and the mould has taken over!:Nailbiting). Moved everything to where I thought it would go...didnt fit, had to move everything a third time and now my arms feel like the are going to drop off!:rolleyes:

kimthecat likes this.
  4. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Treated myself to a steam wallpaper stripper as the old paper is so well stuck!

Making good, steady progress but now resting with ibuprofen and a hot water bottle.

Typical - pulled my back :(

Hope I can get on with more tomorrow. If not, I will go shopping for the new lining paper and paste for when all the prep is done.

Also some white gloss for the woodwork :)

Picklelily likes this.
  5. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Went out for lunch with my sister and going out tonight to a talk about Knepp wildlands by a person that I've had loads of contact with over the last 2 years, even spoken on the phone but I've never met her. She's changing her talk a little to include answers to a few queries I've put forward :D

Really looking forward to it even though it goes on until a time that I'm normally in bed :Wideyed

For a wet windy day it's not bad

kimthecat likes this.
  6. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

@rona Enjoy the talk . :) That;s good the person giving the talk has listened to you and you can now talk in person . I googled Knepp wildlands. Is it open to the public? It look lovely there .

#1366 kimthecat, Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    rona likes this.
  7. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

:( Sorry to hear this . Damps not good for you . If its black mould you can get a special thick paint to cover it . We did this in the kitchen but if its that bad it might not be enough.

8. rona

Come down and I will show you round :D

kimthecat likes this.
  9. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

Could you get some help to sort out the damp etc?
    Maybe even see if you could get on your local housing register? If you are eligible you shouldn't have long to wait as (don't mean this rudely) your house sounds like it would be classed as 'unfit to live in'.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  10. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Totally unfit to live in really but I cant afford the thousands it would cost to fix it Im just ignoring it for now!:Shy Its the downside of owning your own property...or at least having a mortgage anyways!LOL:D

11. rona

That's awful. Have you had a quote for the work?

12. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

I might take you up on that one day ! :D

rona likes this.
  13. rona

Either got to be soon or next summer. The paths aren't pleasant in the winter with all those hooves on clay soil!!

I'm there tomorrow?

kimthecat likes this.
  14. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Hooves? Im not gonna get chased by cows or deer am I ? :eek: :D

15. rona

they are all free roaming. Never been chased though. Why, you coming down tomorrow?

16. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

i think it will have to be next summer. Hopefully I will be more mobile then . :)

rona likes this.
  17. rona

Talk was amazing, learnt so much more than I did on a walking safari I did there earlier in the year. Only £4 each too.......bargain. :)

kimthecat likes this.
  18. rona

Woah, someone just put a picture of my late father on a local FB page. What a weird feeling to suddenly see him out of the blue

kimthecat likes this.
  19. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

I can understand that feeling very well. Before I discovered about my two half sisters and half brother this year I knew nothing about my mothers side of the family. My OH was looking around the Ancestry website for any sign of something to do with mum when he came across a picture from mum and dads wedding photograph on someone's family tree with lots of details including ourselves. As it happened they were not related to us at all and someone somewhere had presupposed something and taken info off my cousins family info on Ancestry. It's been corrected now and both OH and my cousin have made a large part of their ancestry private ( the more recent info).
    It gave me quite a shock to see mum and dads photo on someone else's family tree even though it later turned out to be erroneous.

rona likes this.
  20. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

I just got another A+ for my first Masters paper, so completed that paper with an A+ grade :Smug

kimthecat, Matrod, PawsOnMe and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice