Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Random chat

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Animallover26, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

I know that feeling, it's great :) Really pleased for you, french plaits are beautiful.

2. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

Ooh it’s annoying trying to get through to GPs- do you do online access? You can book appointments and stuff online.

Ooh French plaits are lovely :)

3. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

I used to do online access, but then about the time there was that NHS computer scare, they changed the system and the old code I had no longer works, apparently I have to go to the doctors with proof of who I am and fill in a request to get the new access codes etc. Due to various reasons about that time getting down there just didn't happen, then it was the new year and luckily I haven't needed to see the GP plus I'm trying to move so I keep thinking no point in going through all that when I'm hopefully moving soon anyway. Think I need to see the dr so will probably get it sorted then.

4. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Ok my confession today is that I have eaten so much salt and pepper bread that I think I will resemble a loaf tomorrow. We hardly have anywhere to buy it locally. So after an hospital appointment and a mad dash to Morrisons for dog food we had to buy some!

5. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Salt and pepper bread? Never heard of it. My weakness is cheese and onion bread

lullabydream likes this.
  6. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

I wish the weather would make up it's mind
    One day dull and cloudy, next day warm and sunny
    Today cloudy, windy and none too warm

We are going to Dorset on Saturday for a week so hoping it turns back warm again and hoping storm Hector goes away on his holiday soon

7. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Same here. Yesterday, gloriously warm and sunny.

Today windy and chilly.

Confused.com ;)

Animallover26 and lullabydream like this.
  8. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

I think the man in charge of the weather up there must have had a big row with someone and is taking has temper out on us poor mortals down here :):(

Animallover26 likes this.
  9. lullabydream

When I helped at the pet shop my treat would be a chip buttie with salt and pepper bread...divine! Never knew knew you could have it either and always had wholemeal type bread at home. Chips at home was rare till recently too until I got ill and we got an air fryer!

The cheese types bread are popular with OH and one of my son's too!

Animallover26 and Siskin like this.
  10. lullabydream

I thought I was going to have a glorious sleep last night. No such look. Eevee had to have an early morning poo. I do appreciate that she wakes me up like I the most important person in the world with licking my face and obviously the need to go out. She just took her time about going and seemed flat out as soon as she was in bed when I couldn't get comfy! Typical I think.

At least currently it's sunny here. No idea if the weather is going to change!

11. Happy Paws

Happy Paws PetForums VIP

It's windy here with sudden high gusts, went out this morning and nearly had my scooter blown over gave me quite a fright :eek: still safe back home now. Dillon doesn't like the wind, so going a walk this morning with OH didn't last very long, he's sure a wimp for a big dog :Hilarious

12. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I was woken at 0444 by a text telling me about my unclaimed inheritance and advice to contact the sender :mad:

Yeah, right!

:Punch

lullabydream and Animallover26 like this.
  13. Happy Paws

Happy Paws PetForums VIP

I always switch mine off when I go to bed.

Animallover26 likes this.
  14. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

Where in Dorset if you don't mind saying/

I remember as a child reading a story about two 'weathermen' they each lived on a cloud I think and one was in charge of the sun, the other in charge of rain and for years they had an arrangement of whose turn it was to have whatever weather each was in charge of. Then one of them became forgetful and couldn't remember whose turn it was so you could get all sorts of weather in the one day. Maybe that's what is happening. ;)

15. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

So do I normally (once OH and DS are in) - I forgot last night! ;)

Happy Paws likes this.
  16. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

Being the supreme optimist I ordered a sun shelter for the dogs. Not that I think for one minute they'll use it :rolleyes:

Naturally the weather's turned cold enough for me to go back to wearing winter clothes and it's been pouring with rain ever since.

Ah well!

Teddy-dog likes this.
  17. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

I like that weather man story, sounds like it could be happening again as you say

We have got a lovely dog friendly cottage in Corfe Castle and have hired a beach hut at Studland, looking forward to a restful week

18. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Nice and sunny here and quite warm too.
    We’re packing the motorhome for our trip up to Scotland where it appears to be wet and windy:rolleyes:. Stopping off en route to see the new relatives again in the Peak District, then over to a site near Stranraer right by the sea. Think we will stay there a few days to enjoy it and to wait out the rain:Smuggrin. Then we will see what the weather is like and how good or bad the midges are as to where we go next, possibly Skye. Got our midge forecast app up and running so should be able to dodge them. OH wants to go down the Speyside whisky trail and visit some of his favourite distilleries. Then maybe head to the east coast of Scotland - any suggestions where would be good, want the sea somewhere quiet and a place to see dolphins. Then on the way home will spend a few days in Northumberland.
    Depends how good or bad the mobile signal is in Scotland whether you will here from us much, which could be a relief I guess:D

Bisbow and Teddy-dog like this.
  19. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

My aunt has just brought so much card making stuff for me, she's been having a sort out and I'm in heaven now sorting through it all :D
    20180614_143635.jpg
    I don't know what some of it is (embossing powders? Iris folding?) But I can't wait to give it a go :Happy :D

20. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

@Bisbow and @Siskin - hope you both have lovely trips away :)

@PawsOnMe - wow that looks amazing! I always want to give stuff like that a go but I'm not very creative so think it would probably not look as good as I imagine!

It's sunny here but very windy so not all that nice to be outside!

I've had a couple of concepts sent to me of logo designs for my new business :) Just need some tweaking but I think I'm happy with one of them! It's hard to think what is going to turn out to be a good long term logo for a business.

Bisbow and PawsOnMe like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice