Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Random chat

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Animallover26, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

Lovely to see hedgehogs, Chilli is very good at finding the, as well, she very carefully picks them up and plonks them in the middle of the garden with no injury to herself or the poor hegdie

Animallover26 likes this.
  2. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

Good luck for today @PawsOnMe

I'm feeling dreadful :(
    Don't know if its my anxiety, the weather or I've picked up a bug or a mixture of these, but Sunday I had really bad anxiety symptoms but worse than normal, then yesterday I spent the whole day feeling light headed and s bit icky, feel better today but still not right, feel kinda 'weak' and trembly and doesn't take much to make me cry :confused: I've had enough of this!

3. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

Hope it works out well for you and you benefit from it

Animallover26 and PawsOnMe like this.
  4. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

Poor you, hope you are soon feeling better

My back is a bit better but it is slow going, I am fed up with it now

Animallover26 likes this.
  5. SinneJ

SinneJ PetForums Member

Good luck @PawsOnMe . I have a friend who's just had amazing results with CBT, I hope it goes just as well for you.

@Animallover26
    I feel about the same. With me it's exams combined with the new dog. He's lovely, but it's a bit much. I barely sleep during exams, but that's normal, but now it's all really wearing me down. I'm cold all the time (also shaking), sweaty, not hungry so I have to force myself to eat. Blegh..

I have to push through, but it's 2 more weeks and I hope I don't catch something just because of the exhaustion .

6. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

Thank you everyone :) I'm there at 1pm.

Thank you x i've been similar for the past few days where I can't tell if it's anxiety or a tummy bug :( I hope it's just the weather for you and you're soon feeling better x

lullabydream and Animallover26 like this.
  7. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

Thank you.

Hope your back gets better really soon.

Good luck with your exams. Hope you feel better soon.

8. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

Urgh sorry you feel the same too.

It is cooler today than it was yesterday and I do feel a bit better, so for as long as the temperature remains cooler and I feel 100% better in the next few days, think I can say it is at least partially weather related. Though my anxiety has been bad lately so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a mixture of the two. :(

Again, good luck for today.

9. HarlequinCat

HarlequinCat PetForums VIP

@PawsOnMe I hope it went well, and that it will help you over time. The wait for CBT can be so long!

My TMJ disorder jaw has settled down now. The muscles in my jaw and in the neck below the ear went so tight after just swallowing liquid food it felt like it was going to snap :eek:. And I couldn't open my mouth much. But after the muscle massages and physio the doc told me to do I'm back to just a clicking jaw, and hopefully the exercises should help with that. I'm so glad to be back to semi normal food. Slim fast shakes were gross and soups weren't filling enough :p

10. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Hope everything went ok @PawsOnMe

I feel totally rubbish today, been encased by dogs so I think that was supposed to help!

Hope everyone is having a good day today as the weather seems nice from where I am sitting

11. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

It went okay, I've had it before so knew what to expect so tried to lay it all on the table so I can get the most out if the next 11 sessions. She thinks I've got OCD and not a phobia which I don't agree with as any OCD traits are all because of my phobia of being sick (washing hands, not touching face, having to keep washing hands whilst cooking to avoid contamination) so feel a bit weird having to keep saying that my issue is with the emetophobia and that and the anxiety/panic surrounding that is what I need the help with. Next appointment isn't for another 3 weeks and then hopefully it'll be a weekly thing.

12. lullabydream

OCD is an anxiety disorder.

I can see where you are coming from but I can see the link in her mind to OCD.. as in you have to wash your hands because if you don't this will happen (anxiety related). Does that make sense?

You probably know this but I think in weird way this thread helps to enlighten the fact that people do these obsessive and compulsive behaviours because if they don't they fear the worse... No one wants to wash hand, check light switches the list is endless

However in theory dealing with the anxiety as OCD rather than phobia, it doesn't really matter and plays better to be dealt with as OCD than phobia in my opinion. I hope it should help more.

Hope that's offered some reassurance @PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe and Lurcherlad like this.
  13. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

Yeah that makes sense and helps, thank you. I just felt like OCD is a serious anxiety disorder (I've seen someone literally take the skin off her hands washing them) so felt a bit like a fraud if that makes sense.

lullabydream likes this.
  14. lullabydream

Mental Health is not a competition!

I think sometimes if people went sooner for help then things wouldn't get so bad. If that makes sense. Although we often think that we are not that bad, or people are worse off than us, and feel guilty. Which we should not to be honest. Then also there is getting the help. When we need it the help is like you have discovered on a waiting list...so naturally we may have used self help methods and helped ourselves or got worse and the timing for help depending on the therapy may no longer be right either.

HarlequinCat and PawsOnMe like this.
  15. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

No I know it's not a competition I just meant I didn't think I have OCD, maybe slight obsessive tendencies but I can recognise and rationalise them to avoid doing them, i suppose it doesn't matter what she calls it though as I'd imagine the advice/help will be the same.

It took so long for the therapy, I've been on the waiting list for well over a year after I got took off the list for trying to cancel an appointment at a place miles away from me (I struggle leaving the house with my anxiety). So it's been about 3 years waiting :confused:

lullabydream likes this.
  16. lullabydream

That annoys me at times with mental health. Appointments and everything.

Actually not just mental health. All hospital appointments when you are feeling really rubbish come at the most inappropriate time and at the worse places too!

17. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

18. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Today Isla found me a young Nuthatch in the front garden.
    Looked like it might have flown into the window and was just sat on the path looking a bit stunned. Took it round the back and sat it in a sheltered spot for it to recover.
    It’s now perked up a lot more, but I’m wondering if it’s still being fed as it’s not inclined to fly off. Hopefully it will start shouting when it’s hungry and the parents will find it.

Have to say I’m well pleased with Isla’s reaction when she found the bird. In the past she has been very keen to get to at any window casualties and has grabbed them, but she just sniffed and looked back at me as if to say ‘look at this’

T FDA4614B-63C4-4BB7-9F4D-608E0A20FDDA.jpeg

19. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

Thank you.

Thankfully now that the weather is cooler, the light headedness has gone, but I have another problem now :Arghh

Been trying to phone the GP but haven't had anyone answer the phone yet, and I hate phoning the dr so have to get my courage up to phone in the first place. :Shifty

Teddy-dog likes this.
  20. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

After not being able to wash my hair for almost 3 weeks, I went to the hairdressers today and now I feel wonderful. She also put it in a beautiful french plait so that I don't have to worry about it for a few days. Only a small thing but it's made such a difference to my mood.:Happy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice