Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Random chat

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ForestWomble, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

I've given up having a shower or going to the loo without an audience. :eek:

In fact come to think of it, there are very few things I'm allowed to do without being followed and carefully watched over! .:rolleyes::rolleyes:

One of the joys of being a Schnauzer owner :D

Jim40, Boxer123 and Lurcherlad like this.
  2. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Loki will sit next to the bath like a little lifeguard.

Jim40 likes this.
  3. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

oh noes!! Had a phonecall from my 'internet provider' telling me I will be disconnected in 24-48 hrs because of suspicious activity!!:Wideyed

what to do...what to do......:Nailbiting

:Hilarious:rolleyes:

rona and Lurcherlad like this.
  4. Jim40

Jim40 PetForums Member

We have had that before and nothing has happened. We didn't do anything. Good service providers would usually give you around 30 days notice in their terms and conditions.

5. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

It's a scam.

Worrying those for them who aren't savvy enough.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  6. Dave S

Dave S Cosy Corner Collies

:)
    Care to own up to your (alleged) suspicious activity?:):)

lullabydream likes this.
  7. Dave S

I used to love getting the scam call regarding the recent accident I had but they did not know when.
    I usually asked them in which car to keep them on the line, in my job it was not unusual for me to drive very many cars through out the working day, usually ended the call with an old Anglo-Saxon phrase which was short and to the point.

Lurcherlad and lullabydream like this.
  8. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Im pretty sure that my 'internet service provider' would know who they were and not refer to themselves as an internet service provider!:Hilarious

I thought that was what the internet was for tho?? suspicious activities!:cool:

9. Dave S

I really would not know anything about that and if Amanda, Lynn, Julie, Samantha, Rosemary or Val say different they are telling lies!

#2109 Dave S, Jun 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    lullabydream and Lurcherlad like this.
  10. margy

margy PetForums VIP

Just read this morning that the street cat called Bob has passed away, his poor owner James will be devastated. I loved reading all the books and went to see the film. A very extraordinary cat who saved a young mans life.

lullabydream and Lurcherlad like this.
  11. Dave S

I reckon that as well as Fathers Day it is also "Retards Day" today.
    Just come back for a walk with the dogs and was by a local church when a car slowed down and drove onto where the church car park is, but no, it then started to drive down the pavement towards me. It then stopped as I kept walking in a straight line and the driver motioned to me with his hand to move out the way - I was on the pavement.

I shouted to him and his passenger that it was OK as I would be able to walk over his bonnet (well something like that - it was very colourful and rude) and walked past - he then carried on to a drive way and then went back onto the road in the direction he came.

Happy RETARD DAY you need to learn the difference between a footpath and a road.

Rant over and breathe.

Lurcherlad and Magyarmum like this.
  12. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

I know so sad I loved the film but it did make me cry.

margy likes this.
  13. Jim40

Jim40 PetForums Member

Just finished watching Spotlight TV. One of the songs was 'The Tokens' with 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight'. It reminded me I had just seen the following on the net :
    FB_IMG_1592467531130.jpg

lullabydream, Dave S and Lurcherlad like this.
  14. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Groan ;)

Jim40 likes this.
  15. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

16. Dave S

Oh my gosh.
    If it was not bad enough with Brexit, General Election, Covid, Economy, redundancies and furlough, Debenhams closing stores, can't get me 'air cut, wearing a mask, Reading terrorist attack, George Floyd death, Bernie Ecclestein becoming a father again at 125 years old, social distancing, Donald Trump going senile, lockdown, no PPE, BLM movement,

We now have Mrs Vardy suing Mrs Rooney over alleged private leaks to tabloid newspapers.

Well, WaG on WaG, it's a shame they have nothing better to do, perhaps their overpaid husbands could knock some sense into them after all it is their money they are wasting on legal fees and compensation etc. whilst there are a million things more important than 2 over privileged "ladies" having a spat.

margy, Boxer123 and lullabydream like this.
  17. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

Why, when I make a loaf of bread it comes out fine and does not last long enough to get stale but when I try to make bread rolls they come out looking like frisbees ?

One of life's little mysteries

18. Dave S

Is this normal yeasted bread or sourdough?

If sourdough try this;

Crusty Sourdough Dinner Rolls

With no-knead and no added yeast
    I came across this recipe on the internet whilst looking for an alternative to making bread.
    It was written by “Vaishali – Holy Cow!” who comes from New York.
    It seemed straight forward enough – no kneading and 2 rises so gave it a go.
    The finished rolls should have a crispy, crackly crust with a light and airy crumb.
    I can confirm that is the case even though the pics are the first rolls I baked, they were really good.

Ingredients;
    3 ½ cups bread flour
    1 ¼ cups tepid filtered water
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    ¾ cup sourdough starter of about 70% hydration

Method
    Put all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix until a consistent dough forms.
    Cover with cling film or a tight lid and leave over night on a workbench if warm or in the oven with only the light on.
    In the morning punch down the dough and then weigh it, divide the dough into 12 equal balls and with floured hands roll into shape.
    Place the shaped rolls 2inches apart from each other on a parchment lined baking tray.
    Sprinkle some flour on top of the rolls and cover with kitchen towel or film and leave to rise for about 2-3 hours

When risen heat the oven to 220C
    Score the top of each roll or make a cut with scissors, do this fast to prevent the dough from deflating. This cutting gives the gasses that form in the bread an escape and helps the rolls to rise.
    Put the rolls in the hot oven and bake for up to 25 minutes or until the rolls have risen and are a light brown colour.
    Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.

Crusty Sourdough Dinner Rolls

With no-knead and no added yeast
    I came across this recipe on the internet whilst looking for an alternative to making bread.
    It was written by “Vaishali – Holy Cow!” who comes from New York.

It seemed straight forward enough – no kneading and 2 rises so gave it a go.
    The finished rolls should have a crispy, crackly crust with a light and airy crumb.
    I can confirm that is the case even though the pics are the first rolls I baked, they were really good.

Ingredients;
    3 ½ cups bread flour
    1 ¼ cups tepid filtered water
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    ¾ cup sourdough starter of about 70% hydration

Method
    Put all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix until a consistent dough forms.
    Cover with cling film or a tight lid and leave over night on a workbench if warm or in the oven with only the light on.
    In the morning punch down the dough and then weigh it, divide the dough into 12 equal balls and with floured hands roll into shape.
    Place the shaped rolls 2inches apart from each other on a parchment lined baking tray.
    Sprinkle some flour on top of the rolls and cover with kitchen towel or film and leave to rise for about 2-3 hours
    When risen heat the oven to 220C
    Score the top of each roll or make a cut with scissors, do this fast to prevent the dough from deflating. This cutting gives the gasses that form in the bread an escape and helps the rolls to rise.
    Put the rolls in the hot oven and bake for up to 25 minutes or until the rolls have risen and are a light brown colour.
    Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.

Attached Files:

Bisbow likes this.
  19. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

Thanks
    Normal yeasted dough
    I don't have the sourdough starter, I have never made it
    The name "sourdough" puts me off
    Daft I know but that's me

20. Jaf

Jaf PetForums VIP

Ha ha me too. I don’t think I’ve ever eaten sourdough. My rolls need a lot more rising time then the recipe states, I put them in the oven on low. They then come out huge. I tried leaving them in the fridge overnight but they were all wrong, small little grey things.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice