Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Random chat

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ForestWomble, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

A lot are quite old buildings which have had interesting histories.

Dave S and SbanR like this.
  2. Dave S

Dave S Cosy Corner Collies

Can you relate any of your ghostly experiences in your time?

3. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I used to be friends with a girl who lived in the Jacobean Hall in the village.

We were upstairs and could hear a clacking sound in another room. I asked what it was and she said “Oh it’s probably the ghost playing snooker”.

We opened the door slowly and peered in. A couple of balls were moving on the table, a cue was leaning against the table and one of the chairs along the wall had an indent in.

The cue slid and fell to the ground with a crash and we screamed and ran down the stairs and out the front door!

Had I not been there I wouldn’t have believed it happened.

In later years I thought it could have been a set up by the owner’s 2 teenage sons ...... but who knows?

4. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

5. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

We used to have a small boarding facility upstairs for around 7 pupils. This was closed down but you would often hear doors closing and footsteps upstairs. I used to always get nervous if I was first or last in school. (This should be taken with a pinch of salt I read a lot of Stephen King)

Magyarmum and lullabydream like this.
  6. Dave S

Just watched a garden makeover program featuring Charlie Dimmock and the Rice brothers.

Rolling the credits at the end and saw this little gem;

20200525_200958.jpg

margy and lullabydream like this.
  7. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Took a while .... ;)

8. Dave S

One for all you cat lovers and anyone else who wants to try this;
    cat.jpg

9. margy

margy PetForums VIP

I always liked this brain teaser
    What was the prime ministers name in 1966?
    Answer Boris Johnson.

lullabydream likes this.
  10. Jim40

Jim40 PetForums Member

We took delivery of our new orthopaedic beds today. Trying them out. Still have to make up my mind which one I will have.
    IMG_20200528_152041510~2.jpg

IMG_20200528_162002454~2.jpg
    I think I'll keep this one. Then again I might have her one. I'll go with the one I get to first.

11. Dave S

I am annoyed and frustrated and confused and it's going to sound silly so don't bother arguing about anything I have written as I am moving on after this long ramble.
    Whether you agree wholly, partly or not at all is not a problem as I have put my thought into writing.

On the ITV news this evening there was a report about the police horse that bolted after throwing it's rider after have a bike and bricks thrown at it in the violent protest disguised as a BLM march. You have all seen the report.

As we know the lady rider was badly injured with a collapsed lung and broken collar bone amongst other injuries, she was dragged out of the way, unconscious.

The horse bolted down the road back to where it came from and on the way hit a woman.

This woman was today by ITV news, looking as if she was sitting on a park bench totally well.

She was complaining that she was hit by a horse, was unconscious for a few seconds and her phone was broken and she wanted an apology and compensation from the Police. No mention of the police officer now injured and off sick, injured in the course of her duty, no, her phone was damaged and she wants compensation. The fact that someone was injured is not in her vocabulary and that people she was marching with caused the problem in the first place is irrelevant.

Hundreds of people used the cover of BLM to cause violence and damage and this lady was in the vicinity, several hundred yards from the "action". Possibly taking part in the march.

I have no problem with Black Lives Matter, they always have mattered but so do white lives and any colour or shade in between, no colour matters more than any other. This "injured" lady was a lady of colour, black or however you want to say it - she has, for me totally devalued much of the recent progress in equality, the same as the persons who climbed onto the Cenotaph, a war memorial, and tried to burn the Union flag or vandalised a statue of Winston Churchill without whom we would have a very different way of life.

Sorry if it rambles on a bit but I feel that woman should be mindful that her life does not matter any more than the lives of other people regardless of their colour, race or creed and she is lucky, like we all are, that in this country she is allowed free speech.

I was original going to post this in the one rule for us thread but thought it is not about that so posted it her instead.

jetsmum, FAW56, ForestWomble and 4 others like this.
  12. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

The people who attacked the horse, causing the accident should pay her compensation (as well as face prosecution for endangering the life of the policewoman).

There are clear pictures of those responsible, I believe.

jetsmum, Cairn Friends, FAW56 and 4 others like this.
  13. Dave S

Just for this evening entertainment here is a video of "Cotton Eyed Joe" in the form of American Country Western version of River Dance.

Magyarmum, kimthecat and rona like this.
  14. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

I had an awful evening, an awful night and an even worse morning!

The weather was lovely yesterday until around 7 in the evening when the sky darkened, the wind got up and it started to thunder and lighten. About ten minutes later we had the most tremendous thunderstorm which didn't stop until around 10 pm when I went to bed. Unhappily it was only a lull in storm and before I could get to sleep the storm started again. Around 2.30 am I heard a crash of thunder which seemed to be right above the house, but shortly after the storm moved away and I was able to sleep.

I got up at 7 this morning only to find my fridge/freezer wasn't working, neither was my Baxi boiler (no hot water) and my microwave was only working ever so slowly and I had to heat my coffee in a saucepan. All very strange because it was only the equipment on one side of the house that was affected. My chest freezer and all the table lamps on the other side of the rooms were working normally. The internet connection eventually came back but nothing else, so thinking it was something to do with all the appliances I spent the next half hour reading the instruction books!

Then the power went off and stayed off for nearly two hours ..... but ..... when it came on again everything was working normally, much to my relief!

Taken (not by me) over the city

[​IMG]

HarlequinCat, FAW56, SbanR and 3 others like this.
  15. DanWalkersmum

DanWalkersmum watching the world go by

The like was for the lightening picture - wow! Glad you're all okay, you do seem to get extreme weather conditions there though don't you. We had a couple of days of slow drizzly rain here which is pretty tame really in comparison.

kimthecat and Magyarmum like this.
  16. margy

margy PetForums VIP

The photo looks biblical, like the wrath of God striking someone down. Glad alls normal now, I love a good thunderstorm and stand at the door watching the lightening. We don't seem to get many. I live in the north east of England.

kimthecat and Magyarmum like this.
  17. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Wow that looks intense.

18. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

We're not only surrounded by the Carpathian Mountains but the village I live in is situated in a deep valley which is one of the reasons thunderstorms are quite severe. In winter we've often got snow on the ground and yet if you drive a couple of kms there's not a snowflake in sight, Our seasons start later and finish later than our neighbouring villages. It's all most peculiar!

I hate thunderstorms especially the violent one like we had last night. And would you believe it .... the Schnauzer boys slept through it!

This was a picture I took from my garden just before the wind got up.

[​IMG]

DanWalkersmum likes this.
  19. Jim40

Jim40 PetForums Member

FB_IMG_1592161934905.jpg
    Before anyone says..it's not me or my two girls. This was picked up from a boxer site with the caption ' owning a boxer you've got to be prepared '. My two would run a mile if the word bath was mentioned. BUT they would only run away after they had eaten the bar of soap.

20. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Jack’s not keen on baths (and we only have a shower) but tonight it looks like OH might be sleeping on the sofa ....

CB40758F-BAC2-4381-91C1-BFDCAE8F7167.jpeg

:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice