Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Random chat

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ForestWomble, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

Has anyone noticed how abundant the daffodils and primroses are this year

Hundreds of them all over the place

I do love primroses, such pretty and dainty little flower

Boxer123, margy, Lurcherlad and 3 others like this.
  2. DanWalkersmum

DanWalkersmum watching the world go by

You're right they are plentiful this year and the blossom on the trees is abundant too in the sunshine, it's my favourite time of year especially when we get the sunshine like today.

3. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

Your are right
    Just noticed the plum blossom is about to erupt from it's buds
    Hope the frost does not kill it, another lovely sight to see when in full bloom

DanWalkersmum, rona and Lurcherlad like this.
  4. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Was supposed to be in Scotland next week, was going to fly up there. Luckily, the lady with the cottage has let us move the booking, got car hire cost back and should get most of flight money back too :)

We were also going on a mini cruise next month. I'm sure we will be getting our money back eventually, at the moment they are try to get us to move our booking but are only offering a very limited time. No good for us, as I may have my friends dog by the time we can go. :(

Because we don't seem to be going to lose a great deal of money, we have ordered a very expensive piece of free range pork from Knepp wildlands. Yum :D Unfortunately, we can't collect, so delivery cost is also very very high :(

Since it's inception, I've always wanted to taste Knepp Pork, so thought with all that's going on, now would be a good time :)

5. margy

margy PetForums VIP

So glad I brought my phone out shopping this morn as am now in a huge queue right around the car park waiting to do my weekly shop at Morrisons. At least I can while away the time with PF. Hope theres food left by the time I get in!

6. rona

I'm so glad I did some forward planning. With OH's asthma and my friends cancer, I was distancing myself long before most and had planned out at least 6-8 weeks of deliveries and food.
    We should not need to go to a shop for several more weeks. By then I hope deliveries will be more reliable.
    I feel truly sorry for those that are struggling to get food.

On the other hand, we will get no assistance from the government. We aren't rich but OH has his redundancy money from last year and we will have to live off that.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  7. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

I went to the shop on Wednesday and it was really quiet I went in M&S and they were handing out free flowers.

Lurcherlad, margy, rona and 1 other person like this.
  8. rona

Not long been back from my morning hike. I'm rediscovering roadside verges alongside a small country road not far from my house, also discovering paths through the greener areas of town that I have never known existed. Set of at 5am, not back until 9am, saw no one until the last hour, mind,bloomin cold and it snowed at about 6am :D

9. Dave S

Dave S Cosy Corner Collies

Just got back from exercising the dogs but one decided when she got on the fields it was too cold and windy so ran straight back home. Had to phone and get the wife out the shower to let dog in - not a pretty sight.

However have you realised that a good thing about putting the clocks an hour forward - Elevenses comes round quicker. Yay tea and cake.

margy, rona, Lurcherlad and 3 others like this.
  10. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

Help!

It's snowing a blizzard ....................... I don't believe it!:Arghh:Arghh:Arghh

rona and lullabydream like this.
  11. margy

margy PetForums VIP

I'm on line at the moment looking at hairdressing scissors. As I have a short bob I'm going to have to have a go at a trim in the next few weeks, unless hubby fancies himself as Vidal Sassoon!

12. Dave S

Dave S Cosy Corner Collies

So Bernie Ecclestein is going to be a father again at 89.

Something not quite right about that and not sure if it is with him or his much younger wife however good luck to them.
    I bet his pacemaker was wired into the mains electric for that.

And to think back to what we said about Boris and Carrie.

What do you tell your kids though - "You are going to have a baby brother or sister and yes I know you are old enough to be their grandma' and I am a dirty old man, but that's life and by the way can you bring it up cos I will be brown bread sooner than later".

Happy days.

13. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

14. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

15. rona

Just had word from my electricity/gas supplier. My bills are going down by about 20%

Magyarmum, margy and Lurcherlad like this.
  16. rona

17. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Thank goodness for small yappy dogs who refuse to let anyone come to the door without giving them chapter and verse on why that is unacceptable.....

Amazon guy knocked, then when I didnt answer just left my parcel on the street!:rolleyes:

18. rona

That's what loads of them are doing now

lullabydream likes this.
  19. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I would expect them to wait until I open the door before driving off though as it could get nicked.

The deliveries I’ve had, the driver has photographed the item next to my open front door as confirmation of receipt.

20. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

I think I read royal mail are doing this. Am guessing they are just presuming with lockdown, more people will be in, and less footfall and less likely to pinch things.. But am not keen I live in a terrace town house but have a small front garden, many don't it's straight on the street. I haven't seen my postie to ask, or heard from my friend whose OH is my postie to check facts. It was to avoid collection of parcels at the sorting office/post office wherever you pick them up.

@Lurcherlad I know hermes have to photograph when leaving parcels, as they were just throwing them anywhere to get paid. Then of course things got damaged, so maybe they are photographing everything to confirm as well?!? It's hard currently I guess with the deliveries, and obviously more deliveries too. People posting extra things such as presents that they wouldn't normally do.. Don't even ask how hard it is to buy a birthday card currently!

Lurcherlad likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice