Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

ran out of rat rations food help

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by polishrose, Nov 8, 2012.

1. polishrose

polishrose PetForums VIP

Can't order any from hospital as not got my card with me. Totally misjudged how much food I have left. What can I give them in the meantime that my eldest daughter can buy easily? I do have other small furry food at hone namely dwarf hamster food which is rat rations no 7 with egg biscuit and no garlic, rat rations Syrian hamster food with bananas ,beaphar mouse food, hamster food from pet shop, hamster food from the range. ..would any of these be suitable at all? I'll order more next time as they loved it.

2. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

How long will it be before you can order more food hun?

3. polishrose

polishrose PetForums VIP

I should hopefully be getting out of here over the weekend , Monday at the latest, so the second I get home I can place an order. I'd do it from here if someone brought me my card but I'm in a hospital 8 miles away so nobody is able to visit me.

4. kodakkuki

kodakkuki PetForums VIP

hope you're feeling better very soon! *hugs*

i have my boys on p@h muesli, and have just posted a thread asking what everyone thinks about it being good or not...

5. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

Do you have paypal?

If not then the hamster food will be ok (maybe add some dog kibble if possible), not something I would normally advise but under the circumstances it is understandable.

6. polishrose

polishrose PetForums VIP

Oooh I do have PayPal. I will order straight away in that case. I have dog kibble in the meantime too ,and cat food(wet) and they get fresh food and yogurts which they adore. So hopefully that'll be OK for a few days.

7. polishrose

polishrose PetForums VIP

Order put through :) didn't mean to spend £50 mind you. Lol.

8. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

That's the only real problem with RR, you end up spending far too much money :p

9. polishrose

polishrose PetForums VIP

The scary part is I could easily have spent twice as much in there and still wanted to buy more :-O:-D

10. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

I know that feeling very well :lol:
    I was very good with my last order, I only ordered the food I needed :yikes:

But then next moths order will be a different story because I can now buy bulk hamster food without delivery so naturally I will have to spend the difference on new toys and such :aureola:

11. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

I know this isn't the muesli/ or what you would feed..

But how bout pasta and rice.. Mine love it more than there food..

12. mices4

mices4 PetForums Member

I would suggest dry muesli mix but something plain with just oats and wheat flakes etc like Holland and Barrett muesli base, bits of wholemeal bread, and dry breakfast cereal - you can get kallo rice puffs, also weetabix, rice crispies (limit cos a bit too sugary though), oatibix etc. cream crackers too....
    I'm sure they will be fine :)
    Hope you feel better soon xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice