Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rainy day fun

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Boxer123, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

IMG_9014.JPG IMG_9013.JPG IMG_9009.JPG It is so wet here we have been out but normally the boxers like to chill in the garden in the evening but not today.

We have played with some new toys, had a little training session and now it's time for a kong and cuddles under a blanket. What is everyone else doing ?

Kim Watcham, FAW56, Sarah H and 5 others like this.
  2. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

Lovely and sunny in my garden this evening:p been out there doing a bit of work with tills and the dummy. Soon, i will take her on a short walk for her last toilets, and then that'll be her in bed for the night.
    Im away out, and OH is back late tonight, so tills settling down about 7.15 is very useful.

Murphs has hardly stirred since we got in from our walk about 1 this afternoon! I dont expect much action until tomorrow from him tbh:D

Boxer123 likes this.
  3. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

IMG_9017.JPG It's all a bit much.

Kim Watcham, FAW56, westie~ma and 2 others like this.
  4. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Jack cut our walk short this morning and headed back home only a few minutes in! :D

He’s spent the day snuggled on the sofa or my bed (as usual ;)).

Kim Watcham, westie~ma and Boxer123 like this.
  5. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Sounds very sensible!

Lurcherlad likes this.
  6. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

We've travelled back from London :D, a quick busy before the journey, I say quick I had to find a big tree for shelter so he'd go before getting in the car.

Mont doesn't "do" rain :D:D

The weather in S Wales was much better (earlier) than London so he's been rolling in his garden :rolleyes:

Travelling back up to town on Thursday, it's all go :Bag

Boxer123 likes this.
  7. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

No sox is not keen on the rain.

westie~ma likes this.
  8. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Ever since I took him for his usual walk but it was lashing it down with proper Welsh weather, I was that person cajoling him along, he was as far back as his 26ft flexi would allow, tail down, ears down, looking so sad. I said, lets go back to the car ... he turned on a pin and was a different dog trotting back to the car.

Since then, we go around the weather, its just not worth it.

We have good waterproofs too (him and me) he just really dislikes the rain.

Eta, even got a rain cover for his buggy incase we get caught when out lol

HarlequinCat and Boxer123 like this.
  9. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Sox will be very jealous if he heard of this. He tried to avoid all the puddles.

westie~ma likes this.
  10. Linda Weasel

Linda Weasel PetForums VIP

My dog is impervious to rain.....

He has that sort of coat that doesn’t seem to ever get wet underneath.

So I have no excuse and I hate rain!

Boxer123 likes this.
  11. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

The weather in South Wales is rubbish today heavy rain and high winds we even had thunderstorms last evening:(
    The only good thing about the weather is we don't bump into Fair weather walkers who you only see walking their dogs when the weather is warm and dry:)

Boxer123 likes this.
  12. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

I find this so strange where does everyone go ? We enjoy it though. Although Loki did meet a lovely EBT last night.

13. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

They stay dry indoors of course and mentally wear their dogs out instead. Doesnt do for my two. Murphs would happily miss a rainy day walk but has this issue whereby he will not toilet in the garden and wont poo on lead.
    Till doesnt really bother about rain, she just like outdoors best. And they do say there's no such thing as wrong weather, only wrong clothes so we definitely go out for a good hour and a half min whatever the weather.

Am sure there was a thread on here a few months back though, showing us hardy ones to be in the minority - brain games are the way forward.

14. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

Btw, dry here again today but it's not what you might call high summer. Pretty chilly.

15. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

Only 10c today so have put the heating on 16c,Liam is on my recliner next to the radiator the big wuss:D

magpi, Kim Watcham and Boxer123 like this.
  16. HarlequinCat

HarlequinCat PetForums VIP

Our Cairn is like that. She will run to the grass and do her business, so then I try to take her for a longer walk but she puts her brakes on and leans her whole body into it as I tug her harness gently. I give in and say "oh alright then" and she trots home all happy. If it poring down before we leave the house she won't go out

Boxer123 likes this.
  17. Silverpaw

Silverpaw PetForums Member

Really wet here today.We're planning a little walk in the park followed by a trip to Maci's favourite place,his pet store.It's an independent store and the people there are so good with him.He went there from very early on when he arrived with us (we go at times when it's fairly quiet).His little face was a treat when he first went in,I swear he was saying 'I didn't know there was this much food in the whole world '(he'd had to fend for himself on the streets prior to that).He squeals with delight as we approach the place.I think it helps that he is guaranteed a warm welcome and treats from his friends there (they know what suits his tummy).Guaranteed to brighten a rainy day.

magpi likes this.
  18. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

Have a great trip:)

Liam loves [email protected] he's been going there since he was 8 weeks the staff always makes a fuss of him and he loves the treats he recieves:)

magpi and Boxer123 like this.
  19. Silverpaw

Silverpaw PetForums Member

Thanks.Hehe,glad I'm not the only one with a dog who likes retail therapy!It's great for Maci because he was 7/8 years old when he came to us from Romania and couldn't face most places.If I ever lost him,I'd look there first.I think he'd like a driverless car so that he could take himself there every day!

magpi and niamh123 like this.
  20. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Sox doesn't really like pooing in the garden either. I prefer wet days less people and they suffer in the heat. We still do some brain games as they couldn't chill in the garden. The only thing that drives me mad is mud everywhere.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice