Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rainy day!!!!!! ARRRRGH.......

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Matrix/Logan, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

Okay i am going in-sane...... rainy day = bored dogs :eek:

Logan, Matrix bored = sleepy but happy to do some indoor training and games then sleep, then wake have a play for 5 minutes, chase around a filled treat ball for half hour then kip again.... that's all fine BUT...........

The Blade-ster.... bored = nutter!!! He is going to the door.... i go out with my umbrella he goes out .... lays down in the rain.... soggy pup.... might have a wee but generally enjoys the rain falling on him!!! Comes in side... i dry him off with the towel.. we settle down... i play a game with him or he has a wrestle with the others.... gets bored goes to the door.... we go through it all again........stand out in the rain....... (have to take him just in case he needs the loo!) come in and we are just going round in silly circles!! He is a nutter.... he loves being outside no matter what the weather is! I must have been out in the garden now 50 times today in the pouring rain!!!! :eek: :eek:

BUT........ he is still cute and adorable!!

How many of your dogs just don't know what to do with themselves in the rain??

2. theevos5

theevos5 PetForums VIP

We find it hard in general because Alfie just loves being outside,he prefers to be outside and when he is indoors he sits by the door,asking to go back out.We play lots of games to try and entice him to stay in,hide treats etc,but he will do it for a short while and then ask to go out again:confused: Do you think that some dogs are maybe just outdoor dogs?

3. Matrix/Logan

I think so! Not looking forward to the cold wet autumn if today is anything to go by!!! LOL

I think i will build a permanent gazebo with a heater and comfy chairs!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Get your water proofs on and go for a really long walk - you'll have the place to yourself :thumbup:
    And tired dogs by the time you get home ;)

5. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Buster takes one look at the rain and goes back to bed. Rugged tough terrier he is not. You could just take them out or do some training

6. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Candy does not like the rain. If she's out and it starts to rain then fine but otherwise HELL NO.

The other 2 don't care!

7. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

We have the opposite problem today... Kalima = 45 c temps, really muggy and stuffy. Harvey keeps asking to go out but it's way too hot and he gets a sunburnt nose. Poor little man looks really hacked off. :frown: Hope the weather brightens up for you soon :)

8. Fuzzbugs!x

Fuzzbugs!x PetForums VIP

Rain=paradise for the newfies :D! Hudson hates the rain though, he'll look outside and go back to bed :p x

9. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

i have max who hates the rain and would rather stop in that get wet and kenzo who loves it and wants to be outside in it jumping about.

the rain confuses poor marley who cant work it out and keeps looking up at the sky to see where its coming from and trying to run away from it :lol: :lol:

the girls arent really fussed either way about it

10. Matrix/Logan

Thanks guys!

I can't walk them too far at the mo as Logan lost so much weight last week being ill that we are feeding him 3-4 meals a day at the mo to build him back up so there is no good time to walk him really and also the vets have said not to until we have the results in case it is contagious! Matrix won't walk in the rain he just sits down and stares homeward!!! LOL

Blade is too young to go out for a walk yet so i am a bit stuck on that front!

I have been doing some training with them and Matrix has had his interactive brick game filled up by my son and has enjoyed emptying that. All is good at the mo, everyone has settled down and fallen asleep!! :thumbup:

11. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

My lil westie too been in back garden more than ive been in, cant not take him case he needs to wee only 4 months then runs about house like dog pose:thumbup:sed lol muddy pawprints everywhere glad got wooden floors lol

12. Matrix/Logan

Snap!! LOL

Wooden floors are great for dogs! Wish they would wash them though! LOL :rolleyes:

13. PembrokeMadhouse

PembrokeMadhouse PetForums VIP

Ozzy seems to be quite a chilled pup.... I would say apart from a 30 minute run in the mountains he's probably been asleep all day. Meg would sleep all day wahtever the weather given the choice.

Really struggling with Ozzy and recall - he is fixed on Meg so much ... I need to take him on his own I know ... but that means two walks in the rain for me!

lol

C x

14. zoeoli

zoeoli PetForums Junior

I like walking in the rain :thumbup:

As someone else has said, there's usually no-one else about, and I enjoy the sound of the rain and the way everything looks fuzzy. As long as you have good wateproofs and boots, it's nicer than high heat.

15. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

They could be shooting machine guns at us out there it wouldn't matter, a walk is a walk to bobbie, no matter what the weather:D

16. ToddyxxMillie

ToddyxxMillie PetForums Member

Just been out for a long walk with mine. Toddy doesnt really like it but i make him go out or he gets hyper! And Millie doesnt care she has to def go out or she will go crazy! I dont mind going out in the rain. Its just the dirty paws afterwards and drying them and the mess i wish i wasnt so house proud :frown:

17. Emraa

Emraa PetForums Senior

Bella gets walked whatever the weather, she isn't too keen on the rain but it doesn't stop her. She is 14 months old now and seems to have chilled out a bit, she has been asleep/dozing since we got back from our walk this morning :) She just had dinner and is now asleep again! I dozed off at one point too...well, what else is there to do on a day like this?!

#17 Emraa, Jun 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  18. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

My lot are convinced rain is pure poison and refuse to go out in it. S'ok though coz they have been alternating between naps and zoomies most of the day!:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice