Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Raincoat advice

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Winniethepoodle, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Winniethepoodle

Winniethepoodle PetForums Member

Winnie has outgrown her raincoat and I need to buy her a new one. I could get the same as before which is one that just pops onto her back and has a velcro strap across the front and also a strap under her belly, It has a nice fleecy lining too and is very waterproof. But it only keeps her body dry although if she lies down her belly does get wet too. I was wondering if I should get one that has 'legs' on it (either long or short legs) but how easy are these to put on and take off? It would be nice to keep more of her dry but don't want to trade being more dry with being difficult to use. Does anyone use raincoats like this and how do you find them?

2. BlueJay

BlueJay Pack of Losers

You can get a sort of happy medium that still closes with velcro, but there's no faffing with legs like in a onesie; where theres a piece that goes between their legs and up round the chest to keep their underneath drier too. Worth a go? :)

Example photo (there are lots of different brands and designs with a similar structure)
    20210114_140412.jpg

3. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Not officially a raincoat but i do have an equafleece that is full legs and belly and it really is waterproof.

Murphy cant wear it at all with his bad hips - but it is easy to put on tilly. The head goes through and then you lift each leg in turn to pop through. That's what murph cant tolerate - his back legs cant lift high to leg into the fleece but for a dog with a normal range of hip movement, equafleece is great!

They wash brilliant too in the machine and dry super quick

4. Winniethepoodle

Winniethepoodle PetForums Member

I like the look of this one, especially as it covers the hips. What one is this?

5. BlueJay

BlueJay Pack of Losers

Winniethepoodle likes this.
  6. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I cant be bothered with legs but I do have one similar to the one posted and it is easy to put on. Slightly more than slipping over the head and doing up the belly band but not much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice