Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rain/winter cover. Help needed.

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by jaxb05, Aug 10, 2009.

1. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Hello all - I am wondering if anyone can advise me on the best type of material I shoulld buy to have a cover made for my run and the hutch. I want to have both a rain cover and a winter cover made. I have found someone who will make it for me - I need to buy the material. Any suggestions as to what type of material would be best to buy - would be greatly accepted. x
    Jacqui

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Tarpualin would be an idea.

Cheap and cheerful.

3. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

water proof wise i think tarpaulin is a good idea its much more flexible and doesnt rip with wear like roof felt.
    Insulating wise u could use bubble wrap depending where its going, or like wadding materials from a fabric shop, or garden centers sell similar stuff for insulating plants, u could also use rigid house insulation depending where its going like foam boards. Best insulator is plenty of straw

4. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

all my hutches and runs have tarpauline tacked on, especially in the rainy months, you can make an overhang easily too so air can get in but rain cant. in the winter you can also put a layer of bubble wrap under the tarpauline to help keep the heat in and the cold out

5. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Thaks guys. x :wink5:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice