Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ragdoll Kittens with upset tummys

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Sharon Rankin, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Sharon Rankin

Sharon Rankin PetForums Newbie

Hi, I have two ragdoll kittens (brother and sister) who are 3 months old and the both have constant upset tummy’s. They are getting it all over themselves and hate me having to constantly clean their bums. I am feeding them both wet and dry royal canin for kittens. Should I just put them on dry food? Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated. Sharon

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hi @Sharon Rankin and welcome :)

Have the kittens been wormed since you got them?

I would take them off cat food for now and feed them plain home cooked chicken, chopped and mixed with plenty of the cooking juices (stock) so they get all the lovely nutrients as well as the fluids they need.

Once they are passing formed stools (there may be a few days of no bowel movements) you can gradually transfer them back to a cat food diet, a little at a time alongside their chicken.

If they don't like the chicken try them with plain poached white fish mixed with the cooking juices. Tesco sells frozen white fish in bags in their Value range.

When you transfer them to cat food I'd avoid all dry food as it could trigger the diarrhoea again. Instead feed a wet food diet that is grain free, low in carbs and high in meat protein.
    e.g, Natures Menu Kitten food, Wellness Core Kitten food, HiLife The One Chicken, Meowing Heads - all from Pets at Home and other pet stores.

Or have a look at Zooplus UK for excellent foods such as Animonda Vom Feinsten for kittens, Feringa Kitten, Grau Gourmet Kitten - all OK for most kitties with sensitive tummies.

https://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats...ood-kitten&utm_content=button&utm_term=kitten

moggie14 likes this.
  3. moggie14

moggie14 PetForums VIP

As the kittens are only 12 weeks old I presume you have only just got them? If so, have you kept them on the same food as the breeder and also informed the breeder?

4. Sharon Rankin

Sharon Rankin PetForums Newbie

Hi, they have been wormed numerous times, Lola has had panacur twice, Milo once and a tablet when he had his final vaccination. I have tried constantly cleaning their litter trays and cleaning their bottoms.

I will remove all wet and dry food, and will try them in either chicken or fish and see if that’s helps. Many thanks for the advice, I will also have a look at getting some alternative food for them.

Will keep u updated

chillminx likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice