Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ragdoll Kitten piccis

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Taylorbaby, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

I thought that these were really cute :)

The twin boys

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The twin girls
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love this pic! :001_wub:
    [​IMG]

2. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Oh no! More gorgeous kitten pics :001_wub:.I cant cope with all this cuteness :D

3. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

how can you tell what patterns they are going to be ie pointed/ mitted/ lynx so on and so on? they all look white to me, obviously the girls have grey ears and the boys have pink. I expect you know what you are looking for :D

4. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

thanks :) It depends on the pattern you use aswell, t and the patterns/colours of the parents and what they carrys colourwise.
    The dad is a high white mitted (bi-colour) which means all the kittens will be mitted, and I knew we were expecting a entire range of colours as mums a tortie...Dads a lynx so possibly some of them will be, I think of of the girls is, as the boys are red cant really tell yet. The girls ears are a dark brown so = seal.

Plus I can sort of tell within a day or 2 now the colours, patterns normally around 2-6weeks :) some are harder though the torbie (confirmed my first torbie girl :) ) has taken 9weeks, as we didnt know if it was a blaze or not.

confusing enough yet lol?! :blink: :001_smile:

5. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

quite confusing yes :D and am i right in thinking that reds take longer to develop their full colour? if that makes sense lol

6. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

all raggies take a long time to mature, esp the torties, megs colour is still changing she was white then cream then brown, then cream with a strip...now brown now going light again!! :blink: :001_smile:

Did you see the pic of my red girl devloping? Sometimes its really hard to determine whether they are cream or red before they leave as yes it can take agessss for their colour to come up, now im more used to it I know they are reds, way to orange and dark to be cream, but they will take a good year to get their colour in. :001_smile:

ITs very interesting! :)

7. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

oooooooooooo so it's like a lucky dip how exciting :D

8. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

and also is flame the same as red? :D

9. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

well that depends, mums a seak tortie carrying blue, dads a seal carrying blue , so we were expecting seal/blue/red/creams, so we Knew what we were getting, so seal x seal carrying blue = seal & blues, blue x cream = cream & blue babies.

Then its the patterns, depending on what you are after getting, so not really a lucky dip, more a planned dip lol :001_smile:

in america they call reds flame, its the same thing no idea why they call them flame, dont know any uk people that do, some do to make it look more different i guess!

10. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

oh right i see, i ment lucky dip as in the kittens take up to a year to develop their full colour/ pattern, like you said your girl keeps changing lol :)

11. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

ahhh lol just depends! reds go a lovely warm rosy colour take a look atmy website at the ragdoll colour pattern page :)

http://www.frostymoon.co.uk/6.html

scroll down to the 'colour/pattern progression' bit, pics of kittens from birth - now and how they change :)

#11 Taylorbaby, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  12. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

its amazing to see them develop :D

13. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww cute overload :D

14. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

lol thanks! :)

15. LyndaDanny

LyndaDanny PetForums Senior

I wants :001_wub:

16. Ren

Ren PetForums Senior

TB you are not helping with my broodiness! :p The kittens are gorgeous, can't wait to see them changing as they grow up :D

Kazuki's breeder has just had her first litter of Ragamuffins born, they are soooo gorgeous.

17. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

thanks!

lol sorry! :eek: I think I know the breeder shes in scotland? not my cup of tea really the raggamuffins! Sometimes I like them, sometimes I dont!

18. Ren

Ren PetForums Senior

Yeah she is, Katrina Macdonald? I kind of agree with you, there's more range with muffins so I guess you can like some colours and not like others. I don't think I would buy one but the kittens sure are cute: RagaMuffinss Available Kittens

19. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

oh its someone else I think! she is up there to lol! They are cute, but they arent ragdolls, I know they are meant to have the same temprement as them, but ragdolls are special, they looks beautiful with their colourpoints & those blue eyes, those could be any cat, id I wanted a long hair colour, Id go for a norwegian forest for maine coon.

I dunno sometimes they look sweet, I Think they have just got championship status aswell.

But they arent ragdolls :devil:

20. Ren

Ren PetForums Senior

I agree, to me they don't look 'special' enough for me to pay that much for one :tongue_smilie: If I was to get another kitty I think I would get a Selkirk/Devon Rex or an Abyssinian, I like my kitties to have a certain something special :)

Of course ALL cats are gorgeous though :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice