Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ragdoll bites!

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by HappyGoth, Feb 20, 2019.

1. HappyGoth

HappyGoth PetForums Newbie

My 9 month old Ragdoll, Loki, seems to have started attacking me! He will want to come and sit on my lap, but almost instantly his tail really whips back and forth, even before I started petting him. If he can get hold my hand or arm, he will have a go at me both with teeth and claws. (He has been neutered).

Sometimes he will let me pet him for a while and then give me a little nip saying he’s had enough which is fine. Has anybody got any clue why Loki might be attacking me even though he wants to sit on my lap? I know he’s still a kitten and I’m hoping he will get better when he gets older.

Any advice would be gratefully received. I now have several nasty claw scratches I’m trying to cover up and let heal.

A not so happy Goth

2. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Have a kicker toy nearby and as soon as he starts to attack your hand give him that instead. It may be just juvenile behaviour but if you can redirect it he should learn to stop

Summercat and chillminx like this.
  3. HappyGoth

HappyGoth PetForums Newbie

Thanks lymorelynn. I will try that and Loki can take it out on the toy rather than me!

4. QOTN

QOTN PetForums VIP

Some cats react adversely to certain perfumes.

HappyGoth and Summercat like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice