Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Radiator Bed Recommendations!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by egyptianreggae, Oct 25, 2014.

1. egyptianreggae

egyptianreggae PetForums VIP

Hello! I've just decided what Tiny and Simba are getting for Christmas this year- I thought I'd buy Tiny a Trixie activity board in an attempt to satisfy his prodigious feline intellect and also his incredible greed for Dreamies. I've wanted him to have one for years but they finally now seem to be a sensible price, so I thought I'd go ahead- what are they like, are they worth the money?

For Simba, I'd really like him to have a warm comfy radiator bed, but I'm not sure which ones are good. The radiator in question is rather small, close to the ground and unassuming (not unlike Simba himself.) Are there any that are no good, or any particularly good ones?

Of course, I haven't thought about what to buy any humans of my acquaintance yet, but at least the two most important chaps in my life are sorted...!

2. Joy84

Joy84 PetForums VIP

I love the look of jolly moggy radiator bed and was lucky enough to buy one on the cheap in almost new condition at a carboot sale <the lady said her cat didn't like it and barely used it ...>.
    Well ... Phoebe never set more than two paws <when reaching in for treats with which I tried tempting her!> in it :rolleyes:

On another occasion I bought a simple one like this:
    Buy Cat Radiator Bed at Home Bargains
    Phoebe went on it ONCE for about 30 seconds :001_huh:

Maybe she's just not a radiator bed kinda cat :frown2:

They've both just been donated to The Scratching Post- hope they'll be more loved there :eek:

#2 Joy84, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  3. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Mine is a cheap one from Tesco's - had it for years now and it's still going strong. I also have one from Zooplus but don't like that one and nor do the girls really.

4. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

I have never had any luck with radiator beds, despite the fact that my clean washing often attracts a cat or two to the top of my radiators.:rolleyes:

5. Joy84

Joy84 PetForums VIP

Yup! Even better if it's a towel- then you've created cat heaven :p

6. Sophiebee

Sophiebee PetForums VIP

We have a cheapo one that was 4.99 from b&m- it is basic but cosy and duchess loves it might be worth trying before you spend lots of money in case they dont like it.

7. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Meeko had a radiator bed which he didn't even look at,it is now keeping his water fountain warm in the cupboard :rolleyes:
    He really is an ungrateful sod of a cat ;)

8. tmerc22

tmerc22 PetForums Senior

I got a cheap £6.99 one including postage :D
    it was off eBay and Dexter-Meowgi loves it :thumbup1:

9. Idontlikecoffee

Idontlikecoffee PetForums Member

I like the Danish Design Kumfy Kradle, it comes in two different widths to suit different radiators and you can buy replacement covers, I've bought a lot of radiator beds and this is my favourite by a long shot,

10. egyptianreggae

Perhaps I could save money by putting an old fluffy dressing gown on top of the radiator instead! Or by buying a hot water bote and wrapping the dressing gown round it, perhaps he'd like that :)

11. egyptianreggae

Oh dear! I had the same problem with the water fountain... I even, um, showed them how to use it by drinking from it myself, and they just stared at me with understandably appalled expressions and wandered off...

12. egyptianreggae

Thank you, I think I'll have a look in tk maxx and tesco and see if i can find a cheap one...we can always upgrade to a fancier one later!

13. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Oh Meeko found it interesting enough,but not for drinking out of.He just liked to take it apart and play with all the bits,especially the bit that moves the water around ,a typical male :rolleyes:

14. Dumpling

Dumpling PetForums VIP

I've got this one Trixie Deluxe Plush Radiator Bed - White from zooplus and Hector loves it! It was only cheap and I've had it a couple of years now (my old cat loved it too) so it's looking a bit shabby, but Hector still like it :)

Neither of the girls have shown any interest in it though!

15. Jayne31

Jayne31 PetForums VIP

Ive literally just ordered B&C the Danish Kumy one. They sleep in the kitchen of a night and even though they have a nice fluffy bed and an igloo they choose to sleep on a shelf :rolleyes:

Hoping this may entice them off the shelf

16. ehasler

ehasler PetForums Member

I've got two of these, and they are often in use - especially when the heating comes on in the winter.

Canac Cat's Cradle, Standard - Amazon

Here is one of them in use - as you can see, it can handle the weight of more than one cat!

Attached Files:

17. JaimeandBree

JaimeandBree PetForums VIP

Cats eh? No pleasing them. I have to laugh when I think there are about 8 cat beds in this house if you include the ones on the tree and then I find Jaime asleep on top of the bookcase! Mind you I have noticed that since it's got colder they're using the snuggly beds more often - they've finally used their Lazydays bed about 5 months after I bought it! :D

18. egyptianreggae

Oh that one looks so warm and cosy...and if it's big enough for two, then Tiny could join Simba up there... (I'm sure he'd be thrilled!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice