Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Race to Help Greyhounds

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nina, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

I know that a lot of us hold real concerns about Greyhound racing regulations.

We now have the chance to make our feelings known, by signing this petition RSPCA: Campaign Network PLEASE send the link to all of your friends.

Together, we CAN make a difference :)

noushka05 likes this.
  2. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

signed ........

crazycrest likes this.
  3. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

Thanks Noushka, I can always rely on you - big hug x

4. noushka05

aww thankyou very much Nina:eek: xxx

5. Luvdogs

Luvdogs PetForums VIP

Signed :) :)

6. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

It really saddens me that Greyhound posts seem to attract very little interest on the forum, and they are such wonderful dogs.

Surely a signature taking just a couple of minutes out of your time, is not too much to ask. They cannot speak for themselves :(

7. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

Thank you :).

It does sadden me that Greyhounds seem to fall by the wayside in peoples hearts. Perhaps I should have put 'puppy', in the title or another breed name, in order to gain popularity :(

A dog is a dog, whatever its form.

8. Luvdogs

Luvdogs PetForums VIP

Well I think they are beautiful dogs :), A good friend of mine has A couple of rescue Greyhounds and lurchers, Didn't know much about them before, but would definitely consider one in the future, they are so gentle :) People seem very attracted to them when she goes out walking, people are always commenting on how lovely they are.
    I think i need to win the lottery to keep all these dogs!! :D:D

9. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

Signed.
    Although greyhounds aren't a breed I would necessarily look to own (personal preference for bulkier dogs) I still think they are amazingly graceful and sweet natured dogs that need people to stand up and speak out for them to protect them from harm for the sake of entertainment.

10. RSPCAgreyhounds

RSPCAgreyhounds PetForums Newbie

Hi all,

Thanks so much for all your support with the 'Race to Protect Greyhounds' campaign. We have a chance to protect racing greyhounds from an uncertain future through legislation but need thousands to send a letter to the Government by 22nd July so timings are really tight!

Every year at least 10,000 greyhounds are retired from racing. The fate of many of these greyhounds is unknown and huge numbers simply ‘disappear’. We need to protect them!

We have a twitter profile, so please feel free to follow us there to show some extra support - RSPCA Greyhounds (RSPCAgreyhounds) on Twitter

Thanks again for your support,

Katie Houghton, on behalf of the RSPCA

11. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

signed, xx

12. Luvdogs

Luvdogs PetForums VIP

Bumpty bump :)

13. Shrike_xX

Shrike_xX PetForums Newbie

Signed.

And I hope that when I have my own place and I have enough time and space for a pack of rescue dogs there will be plenty of rescued greyhounds, lurchers, wippets and a whole host of other breeds amongst them! :D

There's some cruelty in this world and people just don't see it or chose to ignore it :confused:

14. LadyRedLainey

LadyRedLainey PetForums VIP

signed it x

15. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

Thank you for your input Katie. I saw your tweet hence this post.

It still baffles me why so many people are disinterested in this beautiful breed. We have many Greyhounds on our books and our sitters are all in agreement that they are a pleasure to care for.

Usually, dog petitions are widely supported on the forum, so I am hoping that the it will do well, despite the lack of comments.

16. crazycrest

crazycrest PetForums VIP

Signed & bump!!! x

noushka05 likes this.
  17. noushka05

bump.....:)

18. Stellabelly

Stellabelly PetForums Senior

Done!!

My friend has a greyhound from the greyhound trust.

She's an ex racer who didn't make the grade. She's beautiful but so scarred by her early life. When he got her she was scared of everything, the TV, the blinds in the house. She is still nervous now and startles easily but after 18 months there is a huge difference in her even though she does still have what he calls "issues".

She has some physical scars as well and her teeth are very worn. But she is so loved now!!

19. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

Signed - I always sign petitions on here but if you really want a good response an attractive title would help e.g. replace help with save or put URGENT in the title. More people will look. I support every breed and after the in-laws got a greyhound I admit to being a real fan of the breed.

I admit however that this thread was overlooked and noticed it reading teh fois gras one as I was being nosey ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice