Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rabbits new friend!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by debbie1981, Jul 27, 2009.

1. debbie1981

debbie1981 PetForums Senior

I have two English Rabbits which have got the run of my garden, recently there has been a magpie which comes into the garden and into the hutch and pinches their food!

Normally they chase the birds away but they have taken a liking to this one.

I looked out of the window yesterday and they were just lounging ariund under the table with the magpie right next to them! lol

Does anyone elses rabbits like birds? or other animals?

2. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

we have magpies come into our garden and chase the pigeons away quiet viciously...maybe ur buns are scared of it

3. debbie1981

debbie1981 PetForums Senior

Yea i thought that, it is quite big and normally anything else that comes into the garden gets chased away

4. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

dont know how you can get rid of him, i spray cats with the hose....

5. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

my two let the birds in the garden, we have two pidgeons and a robbin, occasionally a blackbird too. iv never seen the girls chase them off.

Bodger tho made friends with two cats that wondered into our garden, a ginger one and a grey one, they never came together but i would find one of them sat next to bodger both lying in the sun with just the run bars seperating them, doesnt surprise me tho, he did think he was a dog, used to try to wrestle with my 2 dogs and they are big dogs, one of thems a rottie!! not sure if bodger was brave or stupid. lol

6. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Just be careful magpies are killers, i have an annoying crow that the buns have tolerated for a while but joey had a set too with it the other day and i had to chase it off, they can easily do alot of damage and peck eyes out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice