Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rabbits & Chocolate

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by kellyrich, Jul 20, 2009.

1. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

Does anybody's rabbit eat chocoloate????? :001_tt2:

I have a sweetie tub which i keep on the coffee table in the middle of our living room and Stan keeps going mad to try and get things out of it! Hes not so keen on sweets and just sniffs them for a bit and eats the wrappers but as soon as he sees/smells the chocolate he is like a little kid!! He tries to eat and eat it and i have to fight to get it off him! lol

He has eaten bits of it but not alot as i know this cant be good for him but does anybody else's rabbit eat any chocolate? Is it really very bad for them? I have read before that some rabbits nibble on a chocolate!

Oh and the other night i was sat eating an ice lolly and he jumped up and tried to help me eat that too!! :D

2. frags

frags PetForums VIP

lily likes chocolate as she ate a bit my littlen dropped in the garden, she went mad munching big time!!

3. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

yeah thats wat Stan is like, its like he hasnt eaten for months as soon as he smells chocolate and pounces on it!! lol

4. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Leo begs for it paws up on your arm, big sad eyes he's never had any yet though I thought it was bad for them.

5. frags

frags PetForums VIP

chocolate is bad for all animals, hey infact its bad for us humans too (well it is my arse anyway) lol
    but when they nick a bit from floor or table what can you do lol

6. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Yeah thats true but we're always paranoid because its so bad for the animals we try not to leave any lying around because Buster especially would steal it the second it was dropped.

7. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

lol my bun loves a lick of my ribena she hasnt tried to steel any choc yet tho

8. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

I have heard the same about it been bad!
    What about dark choc because that is supposed to be much better for us! Just wondered? x

9. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

You can buy a small animal version of choc drops for small pets which may be better if your worried it may be safer than human chocolate. LOL

10. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

all my lot have a normal bottle of water and a bottle with weak ribena(or blackcurrant juice) in it :D they love it! :rolleyes:

never have they had chocolate tho, i dunno if they would eat it, they dont even eat the small animal chocolate drops? :eek:

*Heidi*

11. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

Chocolate is not just bad for them it is potentially poisonous and can kill them.
    I know though that animals do not take this into account as my dog is a nightmare where chocolate is concerned and we have to be extremely careful what we leave laying around.
    The choccy drops for pets are not actually chocolate at all and although very high in sugar as the very occassional treat they would be ok.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice