UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two guinea pigs currently, and there bedding currently is fleece.
I was thinking of maybe getting a rabbit (separate home of corse) but I was wondering if fleece was ok for rabbits too.
Thank you :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
yes this would add extra warmth but i'd say to also add more hay
fleece should be fine to use as long as it's not ingested :)
one of my friends has used fleece inside a plastic box which was full of hay in the bed area.
rabbits enjoy company so another rabbit to snuggle up to would be great, maybe you should think of getting a bonded pair rather than a single bun :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes this would add extra warmth but i'd say to also add more hay
fleece should be fine to use as long as it's not ingested :)
one of my friends has used fleece inside a plastic box which was full of hay in the bed area.
rabbits enjoy company so another rabbit to snuggle up to would be great, maybe you should think of getting a bonded pair rather than a single bun :)
Thank you ever so much :)
I was really hoping for just one bun bun but if its best to get two then I shall :p
Thank you for replying x :)
P.S I have a rescue down the road so maybe when I'm ready I should talk to her.

·
Registered
8,287 Posts
A cosy fleece is fine for a bun, unless they beging to chew it - and lots and lots of hay, which is the main part of their diet.

It would be lovely if you could give a good home to 2 rescue buns. There are so many out there needing caring homes. They often come vaccinated, ready bonded and neutered too, which makes life easier.

Bunnies do need a lots of space though, to live happily - ideally a 6ft hutch that is permanently linked to a large run, so they can have the space they need to run and play. Alternatively a shed/run combo, or free range in a room if indoors.

They are most active at dusk and dawn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.