Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rabbits and fleece

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Maddey72, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Maddey72

Maddey72 PetForums Newbie

I have two guinea pigs currently, and there bedding currently is fleece.
    I was thinking of maybe getting a rabbit (separate home of corse) but I was wondering if fleece was ok for rabbits too.
    Thank you :)

2. rabbitnutrition

rabbitnutrition PetForums Junior

yes this would add extra warmth but i'd say to also add more hay
    fleece should be fine to use as long as it's not ingested :)
    one of my friends has used fleece inside a plastic box which was full of hay in the bed area.
    rabbits enjoy company so another rabbit to snuggle up to would be great, maybe you should think of getting a bonded pair rather than a single bun :)

3. Maddey72

Maddey72 PetForums Newbie

Thank you ever so much :)
    I was really hoping for just one bun bun but if its best to get two then I shall :p
    Thank you for replying x :)
    P.S I have a rescue down the road so maybe when I'm ready I should talk to her.

4. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

A cosy fleece is fine for a bun, unless they beging to chew it - and lots and lots of hay, which is the main part of their diet.

It would be lovely if you could give a good home to 2 rescue buns. There are so many out there needing caring homes. They often come vaccinated, ready bonded and neutered too, which makes life easier.

Bunnies do need a lots of space though, to live happily - ideally a 6ft hutch that is permanently linked to a large run, so they can have the space they need to run and play. Alternatively a shed/run combo, or free range in a room if indoors.

They are most active at dusk and dawn.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice