Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rabbit training

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by violets934, May 26, 2010.

1. violets934

violets934 PetForums Junior

Hi

Can anyone help me, I have a continential giant rabbit which is a house rabbit, he has a dog crate and a room of his own and is litter trained to go in a cat litter tray and he is everso good and clean, he wonders round the rest of downstairs when we are about and doesn't mess.
    However he also has a very large double hutch that I have been putting him out in as the weather has been so good, just while I am at work for a bit of fresh air and I put a litter tray in there, BUT he doesn't go to the loo at ALL.
    What can I do, I have tried putting the litter tray in there with a bit of poo/wee to try and encourage him, I have also tried re-positioning it in different places but nothing seems to work.
    When he goes in his run and I put a litter tray in there and he does go.
    I have run out of ideas can anyone help me pleaaaase! :)

2. Stufi

Stufi PetForums Junior

Rabbits are very funny about their toilet habits. Our two, like yours, are brilliant indoors. A bit like some humans, some Rabbits won't always go in a new space.

We let ours out most days in the garden, weather permitting, but it took about 1 month before we noticed any Poos. Even now we only get very occassional ones and if they have been out all day you can guarantee that the indoor tray looks like a bag of Raisens the next day.

Providing he/she goes when she she is bought back indoors then I personally wouldn't worry too much.

3. violets934

violets934 PetForums Junior

I,m glad mines not the only one, yes as soon as I put him back indoors he goes straight on his tray and theres water works etc :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice