Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rabbit Toy Ideas

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Teddybearr, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Teddybearr

Teddybearr PetForums Newbie

I can't seem to find or make any toys that my rabbit likes to play with. I looked online and found a few toy ideas but they don't seem to want to play with those either.

What are some of the toy ideas that you have?

2. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Tunnels!! all bunnies love tunnels! Or toilet rolls stuffed with hay, pets at home do a good collection of chew toys such as willow balls, anything like that really.

3. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

Miffy loves any tiny spaces she can get in to behind the sofa under the sideboard etc, she loves willow balls but wont touch the willow sticks, anything she can grab in her mouth and throw around and make lots of noise with too

4. stacey11

stacey11 PetForums Junior

Mine love anything like cardboard (toilet rolls etc) pets@home do bigger cardboad tunnel things that are harder, so last longer

5. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

Wilko do the orange cardboard choob quiet cheap, but its only suitable for small buns.

My dad does quiet a bit of fishing, he recently brought a couple of new rods online and they arrived in massive tubes :) miffy loves them...also the inside of showroom carpet reals is meant to be good (just ask if they have any spare), or big sewerage drain pipes (not so cheap)

6. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

they love to chew so cardboard is a favourite, i stuff boxes/loo rolls with veg/hay and they have to chew their way in. they also love fruit branches, mine love apple and willow, you can get willow from shops like poundland/wilkos etc cheap. also i have some rope with various chews and treats and veg that i can string across their house so they have to get on their back legs to chew/pull bits off. make them work for thier treats, also by scatter feeding in the sawdust so they have to root around and dig bits out theey have to work for their food and they seem to enjoy it everynow and then for a change.

they love digging too so i have a indoor rabbit cage, filled with soil, covered with tarpaulin to keep the soil mostly in and they love it.

also they love tunnels etc my next plan is to get an old book case, cut some holes in the shelves so when it lies face down they have a warren to hide in and the bit on the top will be flat so they have two levels.

one of mine in particular loves to throw things and roll balls around so rattles treat balls and small kongs can be fun too.

7. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

Normi loves anything he can chew on!
    Willow ball, grass matt and cardboard boxes! x

8. kelly-m-e

kelly-m-e PetForums Member

My buns love the treat kebabs. I got them from pets at home. Its a metal pole that clips to the cage front (or ceiling mine love) so they have to stand on their hind legs to pull the veg off! And can be used over and over in different places with different foods! Mine never get bored of it!!

9. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

I wonder what sad looser gets paid to spam us??

10. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

I looked at that post then had to look twice! I thought i had missed the rabbit related part!!!

Back to the subject.........

My bunny loves the tunnels that you can get from the pet shops, also wooden gnawing toys (as long as they have something to grab hold off so he can throw them!!)
    Treats that attach to his cage that he has to gnaw at.

Pretty much what has been said! I look forward to finding new things for him too.
    x

11. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

anything cardboard, anything to dig in, or plastic plant pots, they are the favourites. Plus they have treat balls for their food a couple of times a week.

*Heidi*

12. Teddybearr

Teddybearr PetForums Newbie

Thanks guys, these are all really great ideas! I put a few cardboard boxes and tunnels around and he loved to jump through and chase my dog around and hide back in them.
    He really liked the veggies on a string idea too. :D

13. frags

frags PetForums VIP

my lot love cardboard boxes (they cant fit through the tunnels there too big lol) i put it in open side down and cut a hole and they enjoy jumping in and out of it.

14. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

Rosie loves to throw a set of baby teething keys around, this seems her favourite probably because having no front teeth the rabbit toys designed for chewing are no good to her, she loves sitting on pots as well and pushing them over if they've just had new seeds put in them so soil and seeds go everywhere then she'll roll in the mess.. George loves his rattle ball to throw around and push with his nose as it makes a lot of noise getting him attention. Daisy loves her tunnels and anything she can jump over.

15. bellabunnylops

bellabunnylops PetForums Junior

I bulk buy baby rattle toys on ebay and teethiing rings etc they love them ended up with the last lot I got from ebay some musical one and boy did they like them everytime they threw them about the mucis would start playing and they would keep playing x

16. frags

frags PetForums VIP

you know i have never thought about buying baby rattles, thats a brill idea :D

17. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

I use a lot of teething baby toys for my lot too keeps them entertained and they love to throw stuff wround making as much noise in the process as possible. They love the plastic plant pots too especially when still filled with soil to throw around making a mess all over the garden. The other day I caught Rosie tip a terrocotta (sp) pot over which was filled with soil only to roll in the soil that fell out of it.

18. Beautiine

Beautiine PetForums Newbie

same here, im having trouble to buy toys for my rabbit as there isn't a lot of rabbit specific toys out there in the pet stores or anywhere that i can find.
    Well i can always buy online but it would take awhile for them to come and you have to keep ordering them which sucks so much.
    Cardboard was good but it didn't last too long and he doesn't seem to like to chew on these wooden sticks i got for him...

19. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever PetForums VIP

when i had my bunnies - i use to go to my local car boot sale and buy baby toys for them.
    my male rabbit loved them - espcially if they were balls that made noises.

i use to get lots for about 50p each - total bargin compared to the pet shops!

he also loved playing in carboard boxes and with toilet role tubes filled with hay - he didn't appreciate the expensive toys from the pet shops lol

although his favourite was his treat ball - he would play with that for hours!

20. bellabunnylops

bellabunnylops PetForums Junior

Get on ebay and look for bulk baby rattles x x x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice