Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rabbit possible kidney stones

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Abbie Holland, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Abbie Holland

Abbie Holland PetForums Junior

Hi, I have a 9 month old buck. Over the past couple of months. He’s been getting a very wet smelly back end. Excessively drinking and peeing. We took him to the vets and they treated him for a UTI, Over the last week it’s been happening again and we spoke to a vet again who says it sounds like bladder stones or kidney stones, and that he would need an MRI and that they don’t do them, the cost apparently being around £500 and I don’t have that kind of money. He’s giving him some more antibiotics to see if it clears up but he said it’s unlikely to work permanently. I just don’t know what to do. I absoloutly adore my little bun and I feel terrible.

2. Merixie

Merixie PetForums Member

Do you have any rescues or help organizing that can help you?

Maybe you can do a paying plan with the vet over a time period. I know I can do it with my vets, if ever the bill go over the top.

3. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums VIP

Unfortunately it does sound like he's going to need that scan and an op. Discuss payment plans with your vet if you don't have insurance. It's definitely something that needs treating ASAP as it's likely to get worse, and more expensive, the longer it's left.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice