Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

RABBIT KILLER DISEASES ...what is name of HAEMORAGE LATEST ONE ?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by FEJA JUODAS, Jun 5, 2010.

1. FEJA JUODAS

FEJA JUODAS Banned

RABBIT KILLER DISEASES ...what is name of HAEMORAGE LATEST ONE ?

just rushing off to vaccinate 40 rabbits with needles...for mixamotosis and the new one that is carried and brought by flies...think brought in from China...it kills in less than 2 hours...haemorage...there are vaccins...here in France...maybe you lot in GB don't have many flies carrying it around to kill your rabbits...every 6 months...rabbits need vaccinations for this ...am off now but will log on again...and ?

baby rabbits...are called KITTENS...that is the term.

now what is a bunch of rabbits ? like a flock of birds ? what is the word please ?:thumbup:

2. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

VHD or Viral Haemorrhagic Disease

3. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

in the UK it is reccomended to have the Viral Haemorrhagic Disease and mixamotosis vaccinations every year, this is how long they have a licence to work for.

It is very nasty and kills very quickly and can often only be noticed when their is blood present around the mouth/nose, by then it is too late.

we normally just call them "kits"

a bunch of baby rabbits is a litter, and we would probably just call a bunch of pet rabbits a group. as they are territorial animals in the wild i dont think their is a name for a group of rabbits, maybe the word den? I'm sure someone else will know

4. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

I've been told wild rabbits are known as a warren

5. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

You should vaccinate rabbits against myxi every 6 months and VHD yearly.

6. FEJA JUODAS

FEJA JUODAS Banned

thx for your fast responses...and VHD as well as mixamatose local french vet told me needs doing every 6 months...why ? because rabbits age faster as animals than say dogs ...

DERCUNIMIX 40.D is what i have...covers both

the question i ask now is...IS THERE NO POWDER that one can put inot water or food to give this vaccination to rabbits with ? instead of the needles and injections that this system i have here ? 2 bottles of liquid to mix then syringe then inject and alcohol clean needle between rabbits...yes...all that messing about intricately...and alcohol ? strewth...alain farmer thought the same as me meaning WINE...am sure he has no other type !!! LOL !!! well yes spirits...drinks ! for visitors ! but vet seemed to think there was another medical kind LOL ! but not in pack with vaccins and had none...sigh...strewth...should need to go to chemist as well then probably...well that will keep farmer busy for days...

oh and leaflet bit i read said affective only 7 days afer injections...so you could vaccinate all rabbits and all die in a week...

and ? what is shelf life of the product...alain said maybe we don't vaccinate the ones to be eaten...well i had a look at them all yesterday and can't see any that are not specials so this eating idea is not likely...

ah...IS IT HUMAN TRANSMITTABLE ? alain had tubes in his nose as on Friday out in hot fields he had a serious nose bleed...hospital visit needed...the book on rabbits i had did not say if this is transmittable to dogs cats or humans ? oooh...so many question...must get some sleep...just in from successful capture of the wandering donkey male that was out wild for the past 2 months causing local havoc in the Dordogne upsetting the labrador breeder with his 20 dogs waking them at 3am braying and eating his crops...LOL !!! oooh...he did not BITE anyone...took us well the men we out at 3am idiots...caught him 3pm eventually...jammed him into the indoor rabbit hutches barn...then he turned bottom facing us...so had to turn him around to get him into the van with his female he was ignoring even though on heat...sigh..she got out the other night too...charged and scared 40 cows...if that lot had run onto the roads there could have been a massacre...not that many drive around at night i add...black and white cows not very visible...got off her rope...sigh...donkeys...if rabbits were not enough problems the donkeys kicks and bites are...got none of them of course...farmers sons so fed up of legal threats of the dog breeder they were talking shooting the thing had we not caught it at last...2 months of running around after a donkey takes its toll on patience hey !!

but we got him...:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice