Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rabbit Insurance

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by emzybabe, Jul 14, 2009.

1. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

I just wondered what company everyone has their insurance through? and if you recommend them?

2. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

I wouldn't bother with insurance for rabbit just put money aside each month instead. Theres only two companies I know of that do rabbit insurance and both aren't good. I mean one of the main problems rabbits get is their teeth and neither of these companies offer cover for teeth. I've looked through both the companies and decided for what you pay each month it isn't worth it for what you get so it works out a lot better putting the same amount aside in a separate account.

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I have mine with PetPlan. The other one i know of is Exotics Direct.

Used the PetPlan one once, and they paid out no trouble. No sure about dental issues, as i havent read the policy tbh.

4. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Pet plan and they're been pretty good. Although I've never had to use them.

5. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

Thanks guys, tbh I havent got insurance at the mo because they have got funny things in them like the teeth.

I took her to the vets about a month a go for a sore foot from a broken toenail, they gave her some anti-inflammatories, = £26. I then took her back a couple of days later as she was no better and got a course of baytril = £21. Do any of you know if the insurance plans would cover "minor" things like this?

6. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I have to pay the first £65 of treatment, so couldnt claim for such small bills.

They would most likely cover them, but they wouldnt be over the excess, so claiming would be pointless.

If that makes sense.

7. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

yes thats really helpful thanks

8. Frenchie

Frenchie Banned

Hi there,

Petplan and Helpucover provide cover for rabbits. It's lifelong cover as well. Pet Protect used to do it too but they stopped last year.

You can compare rabbit insurance here: Rabbit insurance | Get cover now | Pet Insurance Discount

Helpucover cover dental treatment as long as it's as a result of an accident. So cosmetic and preventative dental treatment wont be covered.

Hope this helps!

9. Viki

Viki PetForums Senior

As Frenchie says above, I just know of PetPlan and HelpUCover (AKA Pinnacle Insurance) running Rabbit insurance policies, we also have a comparison page for rabbits you can check out here - Compare Rabbit Insurance | ComparePetCare.co.uk

All the best
    Viki

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice